Searching or filtering

Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Searching or filtering

Not sure who to direct this to but I want to search by latest threads not posts in the forums, is this possible? I reset my settings for the latest posts and that is not what I want. I am trying to get back the functionality where I only see new topics our new threads. I personally don't want to see replies to threads started 2 years ago. Anyone discover how to do this? I even looked in advanced searching.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mrsddh97 View Post
Not sure who to direct this to but I want to search by latest threads not posts in the forums, is this possible? I reset my settings for the latest posts and that is not what I want. I am trying to get back the functionality where I only see new topics our new threads. I personally don't want to see replies to threads started 2 years ago. Anyone discover how to do this? I even looked in advanced searching.

I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix. [However, I think that my computer’s cookie removal ran and they all turned to unread again. Luckily I remembered where I’d left off].
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM

But there are so few choices in the archives list. I enjoyed unread & links.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 PM

I'm not so sure if I understant what you are asking, I'm not Comp. savvy nor do I understand this site.
May be it will help you what I just figured out. I was in search of the postings that I had made, just like the old board showed you, but I couldn't find any of it.

Now comes the "bright light!" Should you post something here and you would like to keep track on this thread, you need to subscribe to the thread.

How does it work? Before you post it go to advanced, scroll down, here it is asking you subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes. So before you submit your reply (posting), click subscribe.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Go to Forum--Main. Scroll all the way to the bottom & change the drop down box "Sort threads by" to Thread Start. Leave the order as Descending. I haven't found a way to make the change permanent so you'll have to do it every time you come to the board but it's working for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
I'm not so sure if I understant what you are asking, I'm not Comp. savvy nor do I understand this site.
May be it will help you what I just figured out. I was in search of the postings that I had made, just like the old board showed you, but I couldn't find any of it.

Now comes the "bright light!" Should you post something here and you would like to keep track on this thread, you need to subscribe to the thread.

How does it work? Before you post it go to advanced, scroll down, here it is asking you subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes. So before you submit your reply (posting), click subscribe.
Well, that makes sense..will try it. Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks Beverly your instructions are what I was looking for. Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Hey, it worked!