Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 03:18 AM

I am all for change if it improves things. This new format ruined this board for me. I hate it all of the changes. Sorry I couldn't just list one thing but everything I liked about the board is gone.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:25 AM

I liked the daily register before better. It was easier to read and I enjoyed it. When I get on this page it has old daily topics. The one before had new ones everyday and was easy to get at. I'm not enjoying this board at all and I have changed to another one but will try this for a few more days. I don't understand why things change when 99% of the people loved the old board set up. You could always add new things but not such a drastic change. I do not feel I am a dummy at the computer but this new set up STINKS!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 AM

I have such limited time, I'd get up in the morning, eat my breakfast, and scan the top portion, the new threads, and
then look at the pictures of members' quilts, which I enjoyed very much. I still don't know where the pictures are and
don't have time to look for them. The ones I saw were tiny and I'd have to spend time clicking on them and making
them big. I guess I'll have more time now to quilt.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 AM

My background has changed from white to a light tan colour. However, if I'm dissatisfied, I can change it myself using the tools at the top of the page. I think the site looks more sophisticated and is OK to navigate. It is fasster to get back to the main page and I don't really see what is not to like. I am still happy to be able to get great links,advice and tutorials for free as my retirement finances can't afford the paid sites. There is a wealth of information, kindness and camaraderie to obtain from this site. Count the 50 positives instead of focusing on the one or two negatives.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 AM

I haven't been on it long enough to give an opinion. think we just need to give this "new" thing a chance first!!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
Where do I go to enter a new post (question for my fellow quilters)? I don't see a "new" topic button.
when you are on the main page for a section "Post new topic" is in a blue box at the top of the topic list.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM

Not being computer literate/savvy i am having a very hard time finding things.........latest daily topics etc etc. I liked the old set up much better. Thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM

We're. Supposed to download directions for how to bookmark? OK...go away from board,find download,read,go back to board,try directions so complicated it requires a download? Guess I'm just slow, but no way that'll work for me.
That's my complaint for the day..It also meets my time limit before the BG headache starts.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:53 AM

I can't find, how to find my last fabric sale so I can post some as sold and check on the #'s of some that someone inquired about. But give it time and I'm sure someone will figure it out. If this was the worst thing going on in life, i'd be worried. lol
Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 AM

Default Dislikes about the board

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
I don't like members that I've never seen post before complaining about everything and threatening to leave! Just fold your tents quietly and steal away into the night!!
Not everyone likes to post a lot but does enjoy reading the board, so just because they don't post doesn't mean they haven't enjoyed the board before now. I find the board difficult to navigate around and much more time consuming to use (and I worked with computers for 31 years). I will stick around yet for a week or so and if I can't navigate it better will leave. I simply don't have the time.