Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Old board?  New board?  QUILTING BOARD >

Old board? New board? QUILTING BOARD

Old board? New board? QUILTING BOARD

Old 11-05-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell View Post
I've seen so many posts about the "loss of the old board", but the real loss is the people who have chosen to leave. Have you ever bought a new house, a new car, new furniture? Painted a room? Bought new draperies or bedspread or dishes or clothes? Did you mourn the old? Maybe so, but I hope not. I hope everyone can continue to find friendships and enjoyment in the people of the Quilting Board...THIS board, not old or new.

Losing people is a cause for mourning... I know... I lost most of my family within two days a couple of years ago. So, reading new titles or clicking new buttons to continue to share and learn with my quilting friends here is an adventure and a learning experience. I'm going to continue to enjoy it!

I sure hope there are lots of you out there who are with me!
I agree 100%.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell View Post
t I'm going to continue to enjoy it! I sure hope there are lots of you out there who are with me!
I am here for the duration. Count me in. Still learning all the new things in this new house but that is part of keeping CRS disease away! :-)
Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Yeah! I'm not going anywhere. Couldn't believe how many complaints I read on first day. What a shame if people have left, it will be their loss. I just keep pushing buttons but have had a few light bulb moments.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
Yeah! I'm not going anywhere. Couldn't believe how many complaints I read on first day. What a shame if people have left, it will be their loss. I just keep pushing buttons but have had a few light bulb moments.
The ONLY thing that could drive me away from this board is all the complaints!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Nice to read so many comments about taking the time to 'learn' the new QB. Riversong, I'm so glad you've decided to stay! I get frustrated, too. It took me 2 days to figure out how to get on Live Chat! And I accidentally deleted my Subscriptions before I figured out that they were what we USED to received as Email. I've asked the Help line if they can get them back for me. My DH will be glad that I don't receive as much email as before - LOL. Maybe I won't spend as much time here as I used to - NOT!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 AM

I like the positive comments from this thread. As we explore and share how we access and navigate through the board we will continue to feel more comfortable. Just as quilters we share techniques we have learned, we as a community will share what we learn about the board and help those struggling. I imagine in a week the tone of frustration will have subsided quite a bit.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Trying to update-sometimes trying not to get frustrated. One of my daughters once said I am a "with it" mom, time to get "with it"!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Lightbulb Just an idea?

Maybe so. But for folks who have had a lot of loss, maybe there's something good and comfy in the familiar. Maybe for those who have lost people and pets and things in a very short time ~ maybe it's another loss. When I found the board not long ago I was in that place. And it felt good to go to the familiar place whenever I could. I liked it very much. That's not to say that new or different is bad, it's just to say that I understand. Blessings to all!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM

I haven't given up yet, it's a bit more difficult for me, but I refuse to give up. I can learn this.