Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red & blue envelopes to left of post titles >

Red & blue envelopes to left of post titles

Red & blue envelopes to left of post titles

Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 AM

I saw this at the very bottom too. I copied it for you
Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
I guess I vision impaired already today. The briteness of the site has given me a headache. I wentUser Titles are based on number of posts in the sections that relate to quilting,

Member 0 - 99
Junior Member 100 - 299
Senior Member 300 - 999
Super Member 1,000 – 9,999
Power Poster 10,000

Last edited by EagarBeez; 11-05-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Thank you Betty for the help by Patrice. Thank goodness a Senior member is not meaning I am old, which I am, but was wondering how they knew it.lol
Hahahaha!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
I can only post 4 at a time so cont..

<dt></dt><dd>Thread is closed</dd><dt></dt><dd>You have posted in this thread

Hard to see copying and pasting them as I can't make them bigger, but some envelopes look closed, others open so you can tell if new posts have been added, more clear on actual board as they bigger x</dd>

THANKS for the information. Getting a straight, concise answer was a joy. froggyintexas
Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 AM

I can't even find the envelopes you are talking about! I am usually pretty tech savvy, but have not adjusted to the new format well. A couple days I just deleted it since I couldn't find the picutres section.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:06 AM

Hello,
I must say I am like a lot of other people who were used to the old version which I found very easy to navigate and find what was happening today all on one page. I don't understand the red/blue envelopes. I did read the legend at the bottom and though oh, now I know. But when I opened up a thread and closed it, it still didn't change it to let me know I had already been in it. I did find sat the bottom to change my preferences to show just that last day and thought I have it, but if I can't dsee where I have been in it , then that is useless too. Could someone please explain what I am doing wrong.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
So what makes a thread "hot" (pink envelope) as opposed to the blue envelope (not hot?).
It appears to me that the "hot" pink threads have substantially more views (but not necessarily more replies) than the grey threads. These views may not have been recent, which to me would mean that the thread has cooled considerably, but the color remains hot. Perhaps a moderator can let us know if this is the correct interpretation and how many views it takes for a thread to become (forever) hot.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:08 PM

I didn't know we had different catagories.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
Envelopes-click private messaging or quick links on the blue line near top of the page and then on the left menu click either your subscriptions or bookmarks link and underneath your list it tells you what the different envelopes mean x
[h=5]Icon Legend[/h]<dl><dt></dt><dd>Contains unread posts</dd><dt></dt><dd>Contains no unread posts</dd><dt></dt><dd>Hot thread with unread posts</dd><dt></dt><dd>Hot thread with no unread posts
</dd></dl>
WHAT? It's giving me a headache...Clueless here.....
Old 11-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ronnie17 View Post
I can't even find the envelopes you are talking about! I am usually pretty tech savvy, but have not adjusted to the new format well. A couple days I just deleted it since I couldn't find the picutres section.
They are talking about the envelopes in front of the threads when you click on "Home".
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Janied View Post
Hello,
I must say I am like a lot of other people who were used to the old version which I found very easy to navigate and find what was happening today all on one page. I don't understand the red/blue envelopes. I did read the legend at the bottom and though oh, now I know. But when I opened up a thread and closed it, it still didn't change it to let me know I had already been in it. I did find sat the bottom to change my preferences to show just that last day and thought I have it, but if I can't dsee where I have been in it , then that is useless too. Could someone please explain what I am doing wrong.
I think you have to "subscribe" to the thread for it to remember where you were when you close it. At least that is what I have found. To subscribe to a thread go to Thread Tools at the top of page and click on subscribe. This way if you have set your preferences to get emails when people respond to a thread, it will bring you into the thread where you left off. The emails are working correctly now too, at first they did not!