Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 AM

WOW, 31 of us trying to get through our second "holiday" month. This is really great.
Congrats to all who are sticking in here.

I have been working very long hours last 2 days so very hard to say no and achieve a NSV but I was offered a piece of yellow cake yesterday and said, very politely, "No Thank-You"

I am off to a Bridal Shower in a few minutes. Will try to post another victory soon.

Jeannette in NJ
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Is it too late to sign up? I just had trouble finding you with new board. If it's not too late please sign me up.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by jlwheart View Post
Is it too late to sign up? I just had trouble finding you with new board. If it's not too late please sign me up.
You're IN! Createfourpaws, please add jlwheart to the list. If she's willing, we're willing.

My scale says I've lost another pound. I don't know, sometimes it lies. I'm waiting until next week to cry "victory!"
Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 AM

We have to be really focused this month because the end will be a real tempter, stuffer, fall off the wagon event. I just dream about turkey stuffing, my favorite part. At least there are a few days after that before the big weigh in. This will be a harder month for me than December. Although I do love the feasting on New Year's Eve - but we post before that event begins.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jeannette in NJ View Post
WOW, 31 of us trying to get through our second "holiday" month. This is really great.
Congrats to all who are sticking in here.

I have been working very long hours last 2 days so very hard to say no and achieve a NSV but I was offered a piece of yellow cake yesterday and said, very politely, "No Thank-You"

I am off to a Bridal Shower in a few minutes. Will try to post another victory soon.

Jeannette in NJ

Congrats on your NSV----- those little ones can add up.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 AM

Default what are you working on this weekend?

Just curious as to what projects you are working on this weekend?

I have 5 toddler quilts to get finished. I have 3 tops done, the squares for the 4th sewn together - need to sew them together, and the 5th is cut ready to be sewn into blocks.

4 of the 5 are the yellow brick road pattern and the 5th is the Take Five pattern (first time doing this one).

I will post pictures when finished.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
You're IN! Createfourpaws, please add jlwheart to the list. If she's willing, we're willing.

My scale says I've lost another pound. I don't know, sometimes it lies. I'm waiting until next week to cry "victory!"

Done..............welcome back jlwheart.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM

Looks like you have a full slate of members for Nov.My big deal was buying one size smaller pants today.Not losing as fast as I had hoped to, but my clothes feel better/looser,so will settle for that.Good luck to all the losers.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM

Hello everyone!

Joined a new quilting group today that meets the first Saturday of each month. Not a guild, but similar without all the discord and fuss. Lots of fun and some great show and tell. Today we attempted stack 'n whack. A church in Mountain View graciously loaned us a large room with a big kitchen and lots of tables and chairs to use for our get-togethers.

This month will be a huge challenge with Thanksgiving dinner to tempt us. I'll have to do some extra special exercising this month so I don't lose momentum. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your great recipes for low-cal holiday dishes. I've got a couple to share and will post them in a few days. What do you have?

I absolutely have to report that I had two NSV's yesterday. First, I started the day searching my closet for something to wear to "school" and found a really cute top on the back rack that still had tags on it. My husband bought it for me a couple of years ago and I've never worn it. I decided to give it a try and voila....it not only fit, it was a little loose! Then, to top off my afternoon, during class the younger students and the teacher (ages 22 to 47) were discussing age and birthdates and someone asked me how old I was. When I told them I was 61 they thought I was joking. They all had assumed I was in my early 50's!!! That felt so great. Of course, I said "thank you" to all of them. Needless to say, I now have a fresh batch of weight loss motivation!

Nancia, I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is on her way. Just know that she will be in a better place and her suffering will be over.

I'll check in again in a few days. Everyone have a good upcoming week!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Hey yall...

Im at my brothers house and he seems to be doing better. Im not sure how long we will be here. I am trying to keep up with everything online and doing a poor job. *sigh*

I'm struggling with some symptoms of my mental illness. For those that do not know, I have schizophrenia. I have been symptom-free for a long time. I guess with all the stress of dealing with my brother's illness the symptoms have creeped up. I am taking my meds so I will just try to relax as best I can.

Missy