Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM

I joined two years ago, and believe me, it took time to figure things out then, but many answered when I asked for help, and I know if I have questions , they too will be answered in due time. Meanwhile, I will give myself time to learn the new format. One thing I already for sure.... I love the white background and the bigger font. These old eyes were really having problems with the old. I also like that my misspelled words get underlined , before I post!!Love you guys!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:50 AM

I know you have worked hard and are doing all you can. But, it just will never be the same. I will struggle through it, because I like the content and the quilters. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 AM

Hi Patrice,

I just consider getting used to the format to be a challenge. It gets better for me everyday. I'm 72 and not very techno literate, so having to do something new is a good thing. Never too old to learn something new. I appreciate all that has gone in to updating the board. I think that most people will love it. Be patient and just get used to it is what I say.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 AM

i wanna be a community manager, too! sounds like sooo much fun. where do i apply? will there be a pension when i retire or insurance when i drop dead from stress on the job?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM

I want to thank the developers for softening the color and increasing the fonts. It also look like they fixed the flashing adds around the board. I thank them very much. I am now able to read the board which I missed very much.
I am still finding my way around, but I greatly appreciate the changes. I think over all, once we learn all the new way of accessing everything, we should be happy. So thanks everyone again for a great job.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Patrice,
Thank you so much for all the headaches you have had since the change in the site. We ALL appreciate you and all the others that make this such a wonderful site. I'm guilty of belly aching about the new site and as I play with it I'm getting better at finding things. But as you said this is a big family and in families sometimes things don't work well and you need to voice the problem so that it can be fixed. Others have said "But it's a free site so we can't say anything!" I don't think that is right either. As members we made the choice to become members and to tell others what a wonderful place it is. This is why there is such a great membership here and why it continues to grow. I have learned so much from all the wonderful people on this board since I have been here and because I love this board I just want to keep it a great place to learn, vent when we need to and enjoy all the friendship that it has to offer. I would love to send you some Excedrin for your headaches. But we all love you!!!! We really do!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM

I got on the board for the first time yesterday,and thought I had gotten the wrong address...LOL!! After the first initial shock of wondering around and feeling lost..I got it!!! There will probable be some things I don't care for but hey life is changes. The board has to keep up with the Tech. I think it is laid out Beautifully..Everyone involved has done a fantastic job. Learning new things is what puts wrinkles in your brain not in your face,The more wrinkles in your brain the younger you are..The more wrinkles in your face the older you are..I for one want the brain wrinkles..Way to go keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 AM

Patrice, thank you for the explanation. I'm not that great with my computer, but I keep plugging away and learning. I'm slowly finding my way around the 'new' board, and I'm liking it!

Last edited by jojo47; 11-05-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 AM

Just.... you'd probably understand if you were one of the many members who, due to vision problems, have difficulty with the stark white background. I am 72 and one of the members who have problemd with the "white".
Old 11-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Default Change

In life, change is inevitable; however, how one goes about the change is what is frustrating to people. Patrice and I have been with the Board for a very long time; and, in this time I have witnessed a small group of women who genuinely cared for each other, as well as quilting turn into a gossip, as well as at times, a back biting Board.

For those who do not like change, the world will continue to evolve, not revolve around you. You are free to change sites; however, you will have to get adjusted to your new site. Yes, I do feel like they new owners should have thrown out some ideas toward the users to hear our thoughts; that did not happen. Therefore, one either goes with the flow or gets off the boat.

I personally don't care for parts of the screens as they are not user friendly; too bad for me, neither is life. I will continue to use the site at will or just delete the daily Board; this is called choice. Therefore, instead of berating Patrice and the new owners, as well as the others who are trying very hard to please a bunch of individuals who do not appreciate an IT advancement; just utilize your choice of signing off...maybe, just maybe if enough whiners leave the Board, everyone can get back to quilting and sharing pictures of our prizes, as well as prove to everyone we are the caring individuals quilters are known for.

This is just my opinion as everyone has one. Thank you. GiGi