Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 AM

photos, I miss the section of photos
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter View Post
My email no longer notifies me of new posts unless I go through a time wasting process. And, if I do go through the cumbersome process and hit the back button to get back to the thread, it won't go back, so I have to scroll through all the postings to find the thread (I'm taking a deep breath) and it's quite frustrating!!!

Get rid of the envelopes. This isn't a techie forum, for heavens sake!
Sa
Keep it simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really see the point of the envelopes. I use Microsoft Outlook all the time and it has the "envelope system" but an "open" envelope means the message HAS been read and a "closed" envelope means the message HAS NOT been read which is much more logical. Same thing with the "sticky" note. The mods or ADMIN are the ones who "set" these; the members can't so why a "sticky"? I liked the fact that these type topics were always at the top of the page and unless you were interested, you just skipped down to the "Unread Topics".

Will keep exploring but can't stay on too long...my eyes are blurring!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM

I don't have time to read all 11 (oops! 25!!) pages so far, but I haven't had time to really sit down and try to figure everything out. One big issue for me is that it takes so much longer for the pages to load than it did before, and I have high-speed internet. I've started clicking on a page, then playing a game for a minute or two while I wait for the page to load. I never used to do that.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I agree, this was one of my favorite features. Having to go through all of it takes too long and is not as enjoyable to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
elm

Wow I'm glad I haven't had that problem. I've adjusted the size of my print and the font used and that helps a bit. But I can't stay on long. I start getting a dazzled sensation after I read a few posts. Background color is too bright or something. Hope the new format solves whatever problems it was created to take care of. I never had any problems with the old site so had no complaints.

Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
I don't have time to read all 11 (oops! 25!!) pages so far, but I haven't had time to really sit down and try to figure everything out. One big issue for me is that it takes so much longer for the pages to load than it did before, and I have high-speed internet. I've started clicking on a page, then playing a game for a minute or two while I wait for the page to load. I never used to do that.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 AM

I don't like the white background either. And what happened to the recipe section or are there just no recipes for today? I liked the old listings much better.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 AM

I tried once to find things I used to look at and read, after 3 hours, I couldn't so I signed off. I've tried again and still can't find people I used to message and places I used to read posts from. AND now, it looks like someone new can't just come look around but are being 'forced' to sign up in order to read the posts and get infomaton, is this correct, I could be wrong. I'm not computer literate and once I learn how to maneuber my way around, which sometimes takes me a while, I don't like things to be changed. Why does everything have to be new and improved???
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Recipe section is under the home page. As is Pictures.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sandyquiltz View Post
There's a great FAQ that answers a lot of questions. I scroll down to the parts I need & try a little bit at a time.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display

So I guess I would say that the part about the new board that I don't like is the sadness I feel when members have the tools available to make it easier for them but aren't giving it a try.
Finding the tools is the hard part. FAQ is not available from this page. If I click you link I can get get, but when I scroll to the top of the page, I don't see it. So if we can't find the tools, then they're not available to us.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:30 AM

I don't like members that I've never seen post before complaining about everything and threatening to leave! Just fold your tents quietly and steal away into the night!!

I must say that this hurt my feelings. I have not been a registered user for long, and I tend not to chime in with "me to's " though my head always nods and I drool when looking at everyone's work. But like many who have written before me, I would alway rush home from work and spend a couple of hours every night reading this board while my hubby watched tv or was working at the table on his computer for work. I am not particularly computer savvy, the old board was quite easy for me to pick up on, this format not so....I am sure with plenty of time and effort I will like it. But like others, I might not have the time to invest to learn. Lurkers may just be shy people like myself but we are still members of this board.