Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are we all making this weekend? >

What are we all making this weekend?

What are we all making this weekend?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 AM

I was reading the comments reqarding the T-shirt quilt. So glad to hear that it can be FMQ'd. I was surprised to hear that the long arm quilt machine was having such a hard time and gave up.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Well, I have a Stampin Up party to go to this afternoon (I'm into scrapbooking and cardmaking too) but I'm hoping to work on a fall table runner that I'm keeping for myself (probably while watching tv tonight), I want to pick out some fabrics for a pieced Christmas wall hanging (I think I need freezer paper for the applique pieces and I've never done this technique so I'm hoping to learn something new this weekend), would like to make a couple of mug rugs and oh did I mention I need to start a tote bag that my sister wants. And I think the yard needs some more winterizing and some bulbs need planting before we get another surprise snowstorm. Looks like a busy weekend -- but I do have off from work on Wednesday so I can carry over some projects.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 AM

PPing more log cabin blocks to finish up a lap quilt i have been working on. Did 22 blocks yesterday, hope to get the rest
done today.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 AM

Have to finish a basket for a benefit auction and then get back to working on my blocks for my Farmer's Wife quilt.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 AM

Started a table runner and COULD finish it this weekend BUT need to take off borders from lap quilt to make it larger (have new fab screaming for me to fondle it), WANT to start new. No idea what will happen. I'll make a decisioin after more coffee!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 AM

I am making four mug rugs for gifts for next weekend and am making kits for tablerunners to take on a quilt retreat so I don't have to spend all my time cutting and hopefully I will get something accomplished. I have so many project I want to do but I have to limit myself as to what I take and be realistic about what I can get done in a short weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-05-2011, 06:20 AM

I finished a quilt, washing one and designing another. I did manage to make some curtains, and pillows this week. I found a body pillow to put in my body pillow case. Yeah. I could not do a lot of fabric shopping due to purchasing a front tire. Thank God I did because at any moment tire could have blown.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:01 PM

I am making a medicine wall hanging for my best friend, a Cherokee Medicine Woman. It's Sue Bourchard's free pattern download from the Quilt In A Day website - http://www.quiltinaday.com/freepattern/ - scroll down and it's on the right side. I am making it in all blue batiks and will attach some hanging crystals from the four directions' points. The batting will be thin cotton, with crumbled sage and teenytiny cedar chips sprinkled between the batting layers. It will hand quilt it.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 PM

I'm finishing off two rag lap quilts that are holiday gifts for grandsons, as well as my rag flag quilt window display.

I've also cut fabrics for a commissioned piece of a red/green chair lap quilt for a lady. She wants it to display in her house during holidays and ready for Dec. 3rd when she has her Christmas party.

Tomorrow son is coming over to once again help me declutter my craft rooms so I can make room to hopefully by January have a new and improved sewing/quilting machine. Still trying to decide what to get.

My computerized Singer Featherweight is a good work horse but I need something heavier with wider throat space if I want to keep making these quilts.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:17 PM

I'm working on a tote for my daughter.