Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 05:16 PM

When I first found this board I found it to be very user friendly and had no problems navigating and finding what interested me. I am no computer geek but I am no slouch either when it comes to computers. So when I heard the board was going to "update" I didn't have any qualms because it was so easy to begin with. Now.....what a nightmare. I don't have the time to find and enjoy what I want anymore so I am not on this board much. I really hope they will bring the old board format back. I am sure they won't, but sometimes the old saying is "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". If it is any indication buy the response to this thread....there is a lot of squeakin' going on. Are they listening?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
I had been keeping all the Quilting Board Digests and now they have all disappeared.
ME TOO!! I had specific ones saved in folders so I could go back and retrieve information as I had time...ALL GONE!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
I can name one thing in one word - EVERYTHING!
I AGREE! It is everything about the board. Not too exciting anymore! Takes tooooo long to find anything on here and to return to the main subjects! Thinking about leaving for good! Within the next week probably! Sorry QB moderators, it just isn't any fun or much learning here anymore!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM

My only dislike is the background color, it is still hard on my eyes other than that I like it!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
I want to be able to go to unread "new" posts only, not updated ones along with the new ones. I, and many others, don't care to wade through updated posts that we read and passed on responding to previously. And, setting to see only posts from 1 or 2 days ago does not help--you still get those old updated posts that someone has stumbled across and made a response to. Am hoping that this will be fixed before too long.
Totally agree...And still can't find where you can bookmark...Sometimes leaving well enough alone is a good thing
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt View Post
Where do you go to change font color etc? Also, I don't have a "long" signature but can't seem to get it to show up anymore.
Click theSettings tab at the top of the page. On the left hand side, under MY SETTINGS go to MY ACCOUNT, choose GENERAL SETTINGS, it will open a page of all your important settings. You are looking for Miscellaneous Options and choose advanced. This is what you are looking for. :
[h=3]Miscellaneous Options[/h] <label>Message Editor Interface:</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode2"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode2" value="2" tabindex="1" checked="checked" type="radio"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode0"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode0" value="0" tabindex="1" type="radio"> Basic Editor - A simple text box</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode1"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode1" value="1" tabindex="1" type="radio"> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls</label>
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt View Post
Where do you go to change font color etc? Also, I don't have a "long" signature but can't seem to get it to show up anymore.
I copied this from another poster:
Go to settings--top right; then to general settings--scroll down list on left. Now scroll to Misc settings and check enhanced interface. See below----Make sure to save changes.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
• Basic Editor - A simple text box
• Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

After the change, when you reply the reply box has features on the top for font, size, color, similie, and upload of pictures. Just click on them to see how they work.

As to the signature, I can't help you there. Go into settings at the top right, then on the left go to signature and that is where changes can be made. Hope that helps you.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 PM

I am sorry to be negative but i so miss the old format. The new one is difficult to navigate for me, hard to find the things that I am interested in and can't go back to look at "older" stuff. Maybe this is because I am not good with computer but I was doing pretty well with the new format. m
Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 PM

Like mcdaniel023 mentioned I miss the unread topics! I like to get up in the morning, grab a cup of coffee and read all the unread topics. However, since the new format I am going through withdrawl! I too am open to change, but only change that is for the better-not worse! I really enjoyed this board before the change but I am going to hang in there and hope that we get our unred topics back. What should concern us all is that quite a few members that are leaving are long time members. It is our long time members that have the great wealth of knowledge to share with us newer quilters! Please don't leave, we need you!

Last edited by sunnymom; 11-05-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
I want to be able to go to unread "new" posts only, not updated ones along with the new ones. I, and many others, don't care to wade through updated posts that we read and passed on responding to previously. And, setting to see only posts from 1 or 2 days ago does not help--you still get those old updated posts that someone has stumbled across and made a response to. Am hoping that this will be fixed before too long.
my biggest frustration also.