Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Hey yall...

Im at my brothers house and he seems to be doing better. Im not sure how long we will be here. I am trying to keep up with everything online and doing a poor job. *sigh*

I'm struggling with some symptoms of my mental illness. For those that do not know, I have schizophrenia. I have been symptom-free for a long time. I guess with all the stress of dealing with my brother's illness the symptoms have creeped up. I am taking my meds so I will just try to relax as best I can.

Missy
Missy,

Glad to hear your brother is doing a little better. Sorry you are having problems with your illness. I will pray that you are able to keep the symptoms under control. You are an awesome lady and have accomplished much. Remember you are in control.

Bigs hugs
Old 11-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Speaking of having to buy new clothes..... when I am ready to get some new ones, my mother is waiting for me to pass down some of my current ones down to her.

I walk the grocery store today, was exhausted 3/4th of the way through but I did it. I am going slow, mom keeps wanting me to go walmart which for me is too big for me to walk. I will go when I am ready. The smaller stores are my plans for now.

I am still waiting to hear back from the Pulmonary Rehab folks. They say they got the referral but no order. That doesnt make sense to me. I hope to be able to start this week. I need to get going and start living a normal life.

I have all the block ironed and layed out on the design wall for one of the toddler quilts I am work on. Have the take 5 pattern cut and ready to be layed out for the blocks to be sewn together. With going in the hospital I lost the name of the child to be embroidered on the one I started before going in the hospital and dont have the phone number of the person who wanted that one. She and I worked together so I have to try to catch her at work.

Have a good evening.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Is it too late for me to sign up for November? I went on a Quilting Retreat with my Mom in the White Mountains. NO cell service and internet was intermittant. We had a blast, ate too much and didn't lose any weight.... Didn't gain any either tho...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:00 AM

Good morn,all. I've been awake since way early & in front of puter with my 1st mug of tea since 4am.Time changes cause my "sched" to get all mixed up for a few days.
Missy,would talking with your mental health Dr help ? Could it be a change of meds is needed? You know we need you on line.Your notes & tips are a big help.Can we help you?

Hope your brother is doing well & you'll soon be home.There's no place like it.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Hey yall...

Im at my brothers house and he seems to be doing better. Im not sure how long we will be here. I am trying to keep up with everything online and doing a poor job. *sigh*

I'm struggling with some symptoms of my mental illness. For those that do not know, I have schizophrenia. I have been symptom-free for a long time. I guess with all the stress of dealing with my brother's illness the symptoms have creeped up. I am taking my meds so I will just try to relax as best I can.

Missy

Last edited by plainpat; 11-06-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:15 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Nanci, thinking about you & sending caring thoughts.

Missy, hang in there! You are so strong now, much stronger than you were.

Cindy, can you show us what you are working on? It sounds great.

I actually had a couple of nice NSV yesterday. My daughter ran her 1st marathon & we went to watch. The day was messed up for sure! Got on the road by 4am to get to Savannah by 8. We hurried from mile marker to mile marker to cheer for her & the other runners. We stopped by Arby's for a late lunch/early dinner & I ordered a small roast beef sandwich...NO FRIES!!!! NO SODA or *sigh* MILK SHAKE!!!! We got home at 8 that night & I was still kinda hungry. Here's the good news...I made myself a bowl of veggies & then went to bed to read until I could fall asleep. I count that as a win for sure! Xylie, I am in for your 10 pound challange and made a good start this week
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Grandma, how do you know what your starting weight was on Nov. 1?? You can join us and start with today but we have 6 days of loss ahead of you. If you still want to join, yes, you are IN! just tell us, or let us know that you are joining the chit chat but not the challenge.

Beachbound, that is a great NSV! Any time that you can tell yourself to wait for the gratification you are victorious!

Missy, you have had bad unexpected changes. Give yourself a little breathing room.

I am losing!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 AM

I got a great night's sleep last night! Plus we get an extra hour to our day. It does take a few days to adjust to the time change.
I was supposed to go to Madison this weekend but ended up not going. It would have meant eating out a lot and sitting in my daughter's apartment for way too many hours while everyone went to the football game and then to some other kind of game today. So.....I started working on aprons for my daughters for Christmas. One is done except for some buttons and the second one just needs the straps. I'll finish that today plus make one for myself. I think there are a couple of NSV's in my weekend.
My son made dinner last night - grilled cheese sandwiches and Kraft macaroni and cheese. Can anyone say carbs? Oh well. It's okay since I am back to my Lean Cuisines for the most part.
I plan to get out for a nice walk today. We have a couple more nice days and then it looks like a cold front and then snow on wednesday.
I think I finally figured out how to get notices for this thread. Time will tell.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:48 AM

Good morning everyone, it is a beautiful sunny day and I need to get outside! How is everyone doing with all the changes to the board? It has been a challenge, but I am really starting to like the new look.

MJ I think you win with 24 vials of blood drawn, the most I ever had drawn was 10 (I think). A couple of them were the size of jars it seemed instead of vials!

Irishrose the apron is really cute, but I would love to have your pumpkin muffin recipe!

Missy glad to hear your brother is doing a little better, don't forget you have to take care of yourself first.

Jeanne my mom had hypoglycemia and when she needed sugar she would eat a few bites of one of those peanut bars (the kind that are peanuts held together with sugar). Her doctor recommended them because you also got some protein, and they would keep in her purse. She could just break off a piece and save the rest. I don't know if that would work for you though.

Dody I like your signature, did you design it yourself?

Nancia I am sending you {{{HUGS}}}.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Not sure I had such a great week, but I did manage to stay away from ice cream at night. I ordered and am waiting for delivery of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. This is a 3 mile one and I've used it before and it is my favorite. I had it on VHS and I think I wore it out.

A little background... I lost over 100 lbs. on WW and doing the WATP video. Managed to keep it off--March was a year. I'm slowly creeping back up and since May have probably gained 25 lbs. Yikes. My daughter and started running (really slow jogging/walking) last year and did our first half marathon last October. I've been slacking and haven't really done any running since about May. We're back on track and training for another half marathon here in N.O. in March. I plan on doing the WATP on the days we don't run. I just need to get my eating back on track too.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Good morning everyone, it is a beautiful sunny day and I need to get outside! How is everyone doing with all the changes to the board? It has been a challenge, but I am really starting to like the new look.

MJ I think you win with 24 vials of blood drawn, the most I ever had drawn was 10 (I think). A couple of them were the size of jars it seemed instead of vials!

Irishrose the apron is really cute, but I would love to have your pumpkin muffin recipe!

Missy glad to hear your brother is doing a little better, don't forget you have to take care of yourself first.

Jeanne my mom had hypoglycemia and when she needed sugar she would eat a few bites of one of those peanut bars (the kind that are peanuts held together with sugar). Her doctor recommended them because you also got some protein, and they would keep in her purse. She could just break off a piece and save the rest. I don't know if that would work for you though.

Dody I like your signature, did you design it yourself?

Nancia I am sending you {{{HUGS}}}.
Nope, I copy & pasted it from another user on SCS...feel free to do the same (just change out your name ;-) ) How's things in the Falls? I used to live on 7th St. by Lion's Park. I loved it there.