Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic View Post
Is there a setting that will show which topics have been read previously? The old board showed darker titles that faded to lighter print after being read. I liked this because you could see which topics had already been read.
you have to go by the envelope to the left of the title - blue = unread; red = read (get it??)
Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 AM

I don't like the newsletter.
You used to get updates on what people said.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 AM

Default Help!

Takes ages to load one page- I have broadband and also the links from my email address to the board dont work half the time- it says something like 'this page not available, see the administrator of this board'.
its very frustrating, so am hoping the wrinkles will be ironed out soon. I know a new site takes a while to run smoothly, but having major problems with slow pages and digest board.

Also- I just posted this up and another tab came up alongside with the new post in, except the page is blank so I have to go back to the original window to see if my post came in..am thinking its maybe the codes for the pages

I forgot to say that for me, the site does not load properly-its very sticky. Please forgive me if I sound negative, i dont mean to be, but I just cannot access anything on this site-was hoping to get help with pinwheels but cannot get the pages to load. I miss you all!!

Last edited by irishphoenix; 11-06-2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: problem after posting
Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 AM

No list of topics. Can't find things like whensubjects followed subjects.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya View Post
Agree with you 100%.............It hurts my eyes and I catch myself squinting.
Ditto! The white background makes it feel very harsh and not as freindly. It makes me not want to stay on here as long. Maybe that's a good thing for my sewing time
Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Why wont the site load properly-its very sticky. Please forgive me if I sound negative, i dont mean to be, but I just cannot access anything on this site-was hoping to get help with pinwheels but cannot get the pages to load. I miss you all!!

Oops it seems that now I have double posted- apologies to all

Last edited by irishphoenix; 11-06-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:31 AM

I recognize first and foremost a lot of time and effort went into 'new' site..my appreciation in advance for those that worked thi s site and continue to do so despite negative feedback..that being said and having worked a long time for a computer based company..I will always say "Upgrades" are supposed to be that and not "downgrades"..TMI with Hyperlinks when mousing over is very distracting, and the biggest downgrade is sites that lead to 'dead' zones...Google does not bring you to this site directly,"notes site not found" and that is happening w/ far greater than expected in other area Topics of interests.. I am sure the folks who 're-designed' this site will(try)/(need) to do some 'cleanup' and hopefully inform us how to turn off unwanted hyperlinks... thanks to all for the read..
Old 11-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I do not get as much from it as I did the old one. I do not enjoy being on it as much.
I second that
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 AM

This site downloads so slowly - it allows me to get my cup of coffe from the otehr end of teh house and might be up to the first page by the time I get back - and it freezes up in trying to scroll down - I have no problems with any of my other emails- this one is a real bugger and although this is supposed to be limited to one thing - I'll add HOW DO I BOOKMARK ANYTHING i FIND I LIKE? IT IS NOT THERE AT TEH TOP OF TEH PAGE ANYMORE TO JUST CLICK ON - This is just a whole lot more complicated a site than it need be.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 AM

I can't discover how. You said only 1. This is actually a post and I have sent to admin, but there has been no instructions as I requested. Before We had the option to scroll down the topics, I could read what I was really interested in, now it seems like I have lost interest. It is taking a lot more time than before and I feel frustrated. I am still trying, I don't like being a quitter. I need to know How to delete messages when they come in so I can be recognized to enter the board. The original QB, I felt like I managed it, but now It feels like I can only do what the board allows. This is more than 1