Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 AM

things don't move smoothly , get many dead ends, with pages not loading, I am a little short on patience, I will try a couple of times then give up and move on. Time to look for another board? Rita
Old 11-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just went through many of these 37 pages and if any one else takes the time to do so, especially the folks in charge, you will find that a VAST MAJORITY of members do not like the new format. I'm happy for those of you who have no problems finding things, but you are far out-numbered by we who are having great difficulties here. I AM computer savvy, but this is closing in fast on 'not being worth my time'....... and nothing makes me sadder to admit this as I have so enjoyed my time here with all of you.
Moderators....would appreciate your input here.
As a moderator I must say I am in the same boat as you are I had no choice either, I am a member just like you but was given the privilege to be a mod. I have to learn this just like everyone else.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:17 AM

In one word.....NOTHING.....I want the old way back or I will be saying good-bye.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:17 AM

One thing is I did like was being able to keep notes in my Buddy list about my buddys such as ADDys,Email, what I bought, what they owed ete...
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 AM

it is difficult to find anything--liked old way with categories crisp and clear
loved the recipe sharing need to look further to find those great ideas for dinner

Last edited by charlie2; 11-06-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM

All the complaining
Old 11-06-2011, 10:05 AM

I cannot find anything.Takes getting used to.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 AM

I don't understand why so many threads are being deleted. Doesn't this tell the owners, something is wrong here? I miss the camaraderie we no longer have. This place was so friendly and helpful. Now I feel like a total outsider. hmmmm
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 AM

only minor complaint when your typing a reply it doesn't word wrap so that the word stays together, I always have to hit the space bar to get the word to go to the next line.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

you kindly asked that ppl not repeat what others have said. very nice of you to put it that way.
However,...I just can't read that many pages just to make sure no one will say this:
Changes happen, but...give us some tute threads to learn from.
We were comfy and cozy and next day, (I found out the day before the changes bc I have to borrow my dd's computer), we were tossed into a blender.
Having a "Navigating The Board" thread in place with new format, would have given all of regular smart ppl, but not genius-smart, someplace to start understanding.
Underneath all the dislikes is a feeling of being lost. That would help immensely.
EXAMPLE: All those lost or wandering...right this way---->
P.S. a blog is better?...everybody has an opinion.
A blog is a blog. (not even an attractive name, whatever "blog" means.)
PDA - "personal" diary,...your ripping ppl's guts out and you really underestimate how this feels.
The "neighbors", as we all so affectionately refer to each other there, talk quilting and family, jobs, friends, quilting, pictures, all the things near and dear...over two years of stuff to copy and move in twenty days?
about board in general:
You don't want ppl sharing negs, but when you are "lost", you go to your friends and talk.That's life.
If we have to accept change, you all have to accept we are human beings. We have feelings.

Last edited by Mousie; 11-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.