Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Can't name anything I don't like about the new board.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM

i agree with all of the above. to screwed up. can't find anything. before everything was all there at a glance to click on. do not think i will waste my time trying to find things. the old way was perfect.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Linda Lovely, I have no drop down arrow on the bottom of this page. How else can I cange from mobile to default?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I don't like that I don't receive via email updates when a topic I've posted to is updated, and it does not appear obvious how to subscribe to a thread. I.e., you could do so (by "watch this topic") as you're replying.

2nd thing: the newsletter no longer has what's new in PICTURES which is really my favorite forum area. :-(
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM

i don't like, among other things, those silly envelopes to the left of the subject lines. does it really matter if someone else read or didn't read that topic? if you're interested, you'll read it regardless. but mostly it's the envelopes themselves. the pink ones look the same and the blue ones look the same. i can't see whether the flaps are open or closed. if there wasn't a key at the bottom, i'd never know there was a difference at all. it's a good thing i read the topic name and don't care about the envelopes. btw, those envelopes make this forum look like a lot of other forums. it's exactly like the envelopes on the forum from the company that gives us those wonderful video tutes using jelly rolls and layer cakes, etc. i won't name names. there are other forums that i wont name that use those same envelopes and they're annoying there as well.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Linda Lovely, I have no drop down arrow on the bottom of this page. How else can I cange from mobile to default?
It is in the lower left and now says "default"
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Go to settings up top - click that - on the left look for General settings - scroll all the way down to the bottom - under forum skin you can change it
Old 11-06-2011, 12:21 PM

PTQUILTS, Thank you for that info. And thank you, who ever put that on the page. It wasn't there before.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Well, for about 30 seconds I was back to the default format, then my screen went back to the mobile format and nothing I try will get me back to the page where I found the way to click on Default. I've fallen though the rabbit hole again. This would really be getting funny, except that I am beginning to think the inmates have taken charge.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
HMK

I really like it - just a bit of a learning curve but that just gets the ol' grey matter working and keeping it healthy - lol.