Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 03:59 PM

You have been working more than "overtime" to keep this place up and running!! thanks for all your hard work Patrice!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 PM

I've worked in the church for over forty years and have gone through two mergers and at least a half-dozen hymnal changes (I'm a musician). I will NEVER forget looking through comment cards in the 70s. My favorite - complaining about the new wording of the Lord's Prayer: "Why can't we say it the way the Lord said it?" - with NO CLUE that the Lord wasn't speaking American English while on earth!!
Change is difficult; it is humanly impossible to anticipate all problems or to please everyone. I've noticed improvements since the changeover, obviously responding (quickly!) to issues that have arisen. Thank you to everyone behind the scenes! Your efforts are well worth it!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM

I for one don't know how you all take on the job of managing the quilt board, I think we all should be more appreciative , that you give of your time and effort, I haven't found my way around yet,but then I'm not very computer literate, the new sight looks much more profushinal.and inviting,(excuse my spelling, I did finish HS,but that was 72 yrs,ago) LOL,I admire all who has worked for us.

d.swindle
Old 11-06-2011, 04:43 PM

I find your comments interesting and comforting, Patrice. Change is always difficult for people (although I relish change with a passion!). I have been shocked by the hurtful comments made by some of our members. It is just not something I had expected of our community. Come on people! Change is a good thing for our lives. If we become to complacent with our lives, we will become stagnant. Learn something new. Step forward and be an adult. Our health and welfare is and should be a top priority. I like that we can be safer now than we were before with all our posts. So, my comment is keep up the good work and bring on more good changes! Thank you for all your work and time and caring! C'mon gals, let's get busy quilting and less grousing!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Gold star for Patrice for maintaining a sense of humour Learning to navigate around the new look board is a bit like tackling a UFO....not doing anything about it and having it sit there is just irritating....picking it up, looking at it with fresh eyes and getting on with it 'til the job is done...pretty hard work....but then there's the end result.....you learned something new, you did it and what a sense of accomplishment there is. So don't let the board become your UFO....and stick with it.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
Getting used to new layout, problem I'm having is it's too wide for my screen, I have to move from side to side to read the message. Anything I can do to change that?

Also, miss clicking on the thread and beginning with the orginial posting, now it seems when I click on the thread I get the last reply. May in Jersey
Control - to make your view smaller and control + to make it bigger.

(Thats Control with a minus sign and then control with a plus sign).
Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM

Sorry that folks are unable to embrace change in a positive way. I thank this board for making me feel so welcome when I first joined and look forward to learning more from the members and how to navigate the site more efficiently. Thank you Patrice for being a great leader and letting folks let some steam off. Please continue to improve the site for us and know that the majority are truly appreciative.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
they had that on the old board, maybe it's here somewhere, i'll poke around.
Click on "Member List" tab up top, then "search members", then "advanced search". Fill in what search parameters you want to search.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:14 PM

I am fairly new to the board so I was still having some problems negotiating the other board so moving to a new format is not a big deal. This one is more consistent with other forum boards around the net and I think all the complaining is useless. Change happens, how many complaints were there when rotary cutters first come out? LOL
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM

You're doing a great job. Much of the confusion is typical of a program change. The developers do not make it easy for the user. Typical example: our bookmarks now take 3 steps instead of one. I upgraded to IE8 and it now takes several steps to download and save an attachment, won't let me choose where to save it, and them I can't find it. My friend was the head librarian in our city and dreaded upgrades, because they would take a simple task, and make it so complicated when there wasn't even a gliche to fix. By the way don't upgrade to IE9, it's goofy.