Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Kathy, you block is gorgeous! I liked this one.
Crftyldy, I'd throw a couple of color catchers in there and wash in cold water of course. Did it bleed when you prewashed it? I so miss working on my AOTH, oh well 19 more days and I'll be home
Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
Ducky, it is so good to hear from you. Where have you been hiding? I'm so glad to see that most of us have stayed with the quilting board, even though all of the changes are a big pain in the you know where.
Thank you, F. Galore. I am spending time at two places. There was no way I could leave this place. Too many good things and great people here.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm still here too miss the smilies...miss the ease with which to do everything.... don't get ANY notifications except when I have a private message which is really unnerving when you are the one who started a new thread!! Glad our new DJ doesn't start til January -hope most glitches are out by then.

I finished my block [17 or 24....oops forgot - it was my 8th block but I've been going out of order since you are all ahead] I can't find the photo card for DD's camera so the picture will wait.

Just wanted to check in - and yes Kathy!!! WOW block is beautiful
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Well Girls, I am finishing up # 6 today. Only 8 more to go ,then of course the border. I dont like this new forum. I am having so much trouble with it. Hope to learn it but dont know. Every ones blocks are so lovely.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
I'm still here too miss the smilies...miss the ease with which to do everything.... don't get ANY notifications except when I have a private message which is really unnerving when you are the one who started a new thread!! Glad our new DJ doesn't start til January -hope most glitches are out by then.
Click on Subscriptions; Click each subscription box that you want to receive notifications and then go down to the blue Marked Items. Click on that and then in the middle you can click on how you want to be notified and how often.

Last edited by Fabric Galore; 11-07-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 AM

To receive notifications on your threads, you need to go to HOME. On the upper right of that page you need to click on Settings. On the left side of that page you will see My Subscriptions; Click on Subscriptions. A list of your subscriptions will appear; on the far right side of the page is Notification and a box next to each of your subscriptions. Click on each box you want to receive a notification. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Selected Threads. Under Update Subscription Type you have a choice of how you want to be notified and also how often. Click on your choice and then click on GO. You should begin to receive your notifications again.
Losie
Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM

howdy ladies - I just posted this on my DJ thread and I wanted all my fellow 'confused' & frustrated newQBrs to know how to feel normal here again

after surfing this new board I have located some things that will make life easier - many of us have this and other threads saved as bookmarks and subscriptions and used to get regular notifications. Unfortunately, although we are still subscribing to these threads and still have the same bookmarks, we fail to receive notifications. When you click on "settings" - a column will appear on the left side with various links. When you click on "subscriptions" you will notice that all of your notifications column near the right will state "none" for those threads you receive no notifications. This is how to fix:

1. At the top of a thread - above the first post you will find "thread tools search thread display" - click on thread tools and click "unsubscribe" - the page will reload.
2. Do this again - but this time click "subscribe" and a new page will appear asking you to determine your notification options - do you want to receive emails immediately, daily, weekly?? I chose daily myself because although I want to know when a post has been added, I dont want to be inundated with emails!
3. You also decide whether you want it bookmarked or in subscriptions [I dont really understand the difference - sorry will let you know - I simply said subscription here]
4. Click on add subscription and once again the page of the thread will reload
5. At this point you can click on "subscriptions" in the left column again and your chosen method of notification should have replaced the "none" YAY YAY!!

Also - I prefer having more posts per page rather than more pages - so I changed my general settings - this is found several lines below the "subscription" link in your settings. Click on General Settings - this will open up a huge bit of information and you can change several things to suit you. I changed the number of posts per page to 20 - but you can have more or less or leave it as the forum default.

Hope this helps all of you!!
Gus
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
To receive notifications on your threads, you need to go to HOME. On the upper right of that page you need to click on Settings. On the left side of that page you will see My Subscriptions; Click on Subscriptions. A list of your subscriptions will appear; on the far right side of the page is Notification and a box next to each of your subscriptions. Click on each box you want to receive a notification. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Selected Threads. Under Update Subscription Type you have a choice of how you want to be notified and also how often. Click on your choice and then click on GO. You should begin to receive your notifications again.
Losie
Losie!!!! YAY
that way is much easier - just one thing - the settings link is at the top of the page we're on as well
Gus
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 AM

HOLY MOLY , ladies I finally found you! and it only took me like what? 2 weeks?
Whew, I was really frustrated and beginning to feel like I was going to put AOTH in a closet as an UFO. I'm not getting any notifications and I'm still not sure how I got here today, but at least I know you are out there----somewhere. I'll try to come back. I'm going to try to find the blocks now.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM

Hiya Rox.
See that green "view tag cloud" at the bottom of the page? Click on it, it'll take you to a list, AOTH is third one, c.ock on it and wallah, blocks threads, although they are in no particular order.