Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM

How can I just name one thing at least it has gotten me out of here and gave me more sewing time the worst thing is not knowing when posts were made and nothing marked to know if they have been read or not like I say more sewing time you will be seeing very little of me here will check in once a week to see if any good changes made oh yes this background is blinding can't handle much of that toodleoooo
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 AM

I can't name one thing about it I do like. The old one was so easy to navigate.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Hadn't posted in a while, my mother passed away Oct 3 and its taken some time to get back into things. Was a little surprised by the changes but what disappoints me the most is I can't find the Bookmark section, I had marked some great future projects and now I can't seem to find them. Suppose all those went out the window with the upgrade!!! I liked having that feature, meant I didn't have to print out everything.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM

I agree with so many who have stated that they preferred seeing the items catagorized. I want to quickly go straight to the pictures link, and then just click on the titles of the ones I feel I would be interested in seeing.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM

I don't like the fact that you have to be a senior member to post a thrift store ad, and have to have a ton of postings in 14 days to meet their criteria. Does anybody know what makes a junior member's for sale items less desireable that a senior member. Is this a club?
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jltbhurley View Post
I agree with so many who have stated that they preferred seeing the items catagorized. I want to quickly go straight to the pictures link, and then just click on the titles of the ones I feel I would be interested in seeing.
But things ARE categoriezed like before. Click on HOME and there they are.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by caliquocat View Post
I can't access the page from the former URL. I had to go to Google to get connected. Has anyone else had that trouble?
I did and it took a week to find. Just dumb me! I dont' like change either, but I will stick around and give it a chance.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:19 PM

I agree. I liked that it showed the new topics and they were listed in catagories. Once I looked at them it marked them as read, so if I had to come back I knew where I left off.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM

I do NOT like the white background, I sure can't tell that they "darkened" it ?? It is harsh on the eyes ... WHY NOT a soft yellow or green, aqua instead ???

I have NOT been able to view my Newsletter digest YET ... I just get a gray & white blank page, no matter how long I wait on it. I have to go over to Main or Recent Topics to see anything ?? No different whether I'm on my home pc or at work, they are hi speed and network systems

I'm TRYING to be patient ... but so far IMHO this new format does NOT seem user-friendly and its just harder to navigate. I'm not giving up though ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 11-07-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
you kindly asked that ppl not repeat what others have said. very nice of you to put it that way.
However,...I just can't read that many pages ....
You don't want ppl sharing negs, but when you are "lost", you go to your friends and talk.That's life.
If we have to accept change, you all have to accept we are human beings. We have feelings.
It's IMPOSSIBLE not to repeat what others have said here ... because MOST OF US HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS !!

Last edited by TexasGurl; 11-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.