Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Where is the recipe section?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
I agree with Wendsy about the old newsletter where the topics were listed each day and were separated by category. The new way is so confusing.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM

I'm totally lost, just don't know how to get around, I liked the sections the way they were separated before, you go directly to what you liked to read and see.
I open new thread and there's no pictures showing, how to I get the pictures to show, I try to reply and it doesn't work
can anyone help
Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM

well first time it worked, I make smalllllllllllllllllllll progress here
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
Where is the recipe section?
Go to the home page and it is there
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 PM

I don't like it either, its very hard to see because of the glare when I do find something I want to read. I have been looking around for other quilt forums to tell the truth, I always enjoyed this forum before and I still would, its just very hard to steer around it all. That's my two cents for all its worth.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 PM

I don't like any of it I cannot find my way around at all. Where are the topics that we had saved on the other format?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I agree. I liked that it showed the new topics and they were listed in catagories. Once I looked at them it marked them as read, so if I had to come back I knew where I left off.
I think for many people, the one change we would love to see is that What's New would search on and show new threads, not new posts.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Unhappy I'm sad and sorry for more than one

Avatars are too small, some really beautiful pictures and artwork that you need a magnifiying glass to see now

Way to much info on the general pages, first last middle time. I want to open the subject and see what it is. I really don't care who the last poster was, it's going to change in a second anyway. I am interested in the post first.
color coded envelopes, open, closed, dots of different colors, arrows. Why? looks like a government job. Overkill!

If I have to read a post about the post to see if I want to read the post...........see what I mean

that little enticing tidbit that shows up over the envelope is so small and disappears so fast it is useless to me

The BEAUTY OF THIS BOARD WAS IN ITS SIMPLICITY second only to the people on it!

Yes we will all get used to the new board, like getting used to dropped calls. We have to take it or leave it.
I know this is harsh, Sometimes change isn't for the better. Not all change is good.

Where is my user list and bookmarks? I had a lot of saved info there and can't find it. I'm mad about this. Do they really think this is all we do all day?

Last edited by ube quilting; 11-07-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

I used to spend hours on the old board everyday. Now i don't even open it up for days. it used to be a great place to be. I always say if it ain't broke don't change or fix it. Guess someone thought it was broke....... signed still looking for a new one.FUN while it lasted tho