Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it >

I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 AM

Yes Sandra I have the same problem. I buy fabric because I love it and then cant find just the right pattern for using it. Looks like you are halfway there. Love the fabric...love the pattern!!! Go for it! Otherwise in a few more years you might look at the fabric still all folded up and say...I really loved that a few yrs ago. And we want to see pictures when you are done.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:46 AM

A couple of years ago, I realized I had a lot of fabrics I just hated to cut into. So I used them all in one quilt, a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I got a neutral that looked good with them all and just made one or two blocks using each favorite. It turned out wonderful and got that all out of my system.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 AM

Beautiful fabric and love the pattern you chose for it! Bite the bullet girl and then let us see the results. You will definately enjot it more when you can see and use it in your home, as it was intended when you bought it.

I should talk...I bought embroidered silk when we were in China, 39 meters worth, altogether, in different colors and patterns. This was in 2000....so far I have made up one piece of it....I have it stored in acid free tissue paper in a cedar chest that DH built me for my sewing room for my really good fabrics...I have been a garment sewer since I was 11. Maybe what I need to do is make a quilt from all this silk one day...in my spare time....LOL
Old 11-08-2011, 04:46 AM

I have a closet full of fabric that I don't want to cut in to. It's terrible. I try to tell myself that I bought the fabric to make into quilts yet if I use it I won't have it any more. I have to get over this. Needless to say..... I understand your dilemma.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:47 AM

That is such beautiful fabric, I would want to make something to show it off
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kendallsmom View Post
Yes Sandra I have the same problem. I buy fabric because I love it and then cant find just the right pattern for using it. Looks like you are halfway there. Love the fabric...love the pattern!!! Go for it! Otherwise in a few more years you might look at the fabric still all folded up and say...I really loved that a few yrs ago. And we want to see pictures when you are done.
I do the same thing you do. I see a piece of fabric that I really love and buy at least 2-3 yards of it and then see if I can find coordinating fabric and get that all together and then can't find the right pattern to show off the focus fabric like I want it to do in my mind. How do we "fix" that?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 AM

I also say 'go for it'. Yes, I have several favs that I have saved over time, and I always regret waiting. You can always admire the end result when you finish, and the pattern you choose will show off your fabrics perfectly.

From the way you talk, you sound like you need a confidence-booster, and you'll get one here. YOU can do it! You can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Good Luck!
Stephanie
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM

I agree, the fabric is wonderful.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 AM

Thumbs up

I know the feeling , I just adore fabrics, when I see fabric that I like I must have some, even if it's just a FQ. I have a few Chrismaspanels I do not dare to use and a panel of flower fairy's too. For a few years I have a quilt in my head but everytime I want to begin I think " maybe I got a better idea"I want to make a photoquilt from my dad who passed away 22 years ago and I want it to be perfect, everytime I think of other blocks that let the music fabric let come to it's right. My dad was a very good saxopfone player so of course I will made a sax and I will cover it with leafgold, I am so far but have not a clue yet what blocks I will use further. I call muself a fabric addict,I think this is the best you can say. I buy fabric even when I have no idea what to do with it.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 AM

Thats going to be really pretty when you get to going..I know your feeling though. I had some fabric that I just hated to cut. I finally did but I saved all the little scraps in a jar and tied it with a ribbon. =)