Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So Happy Alot of you are Back >

So Happy Alot of you are Back

So Happy Alot of you are Back

Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 AM

One more thing.....had to re-join to sign on Patrice was a big help. Did not chastise me.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM

I'm getting used to it. It's like when I had to change cell phones. I really liked my old one, but now I would hate to change the one I have.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by bj View Post
I'm here, and I'll stick around. I figure some of the complaints/suggestions will be addressed at some time (like on the old board format, that's how we got so many new forums). For now, I'm just trying to muddle through as best I can (which is pretty slow going) I like the look of the new board, though. For now, I'm taking notes and snooping around! (O: I just edited this post and realize you can delete a post. We couldn't do that before, I don't think. Awesome!
So you can go back and actually delete an old post....like one from a week or so ago or just one that you've posted recently?... and I am not being "snarky" I am just wondering how you just "happen to find out"? LOL I still live in fear of clicking the wrong button and my computer will disintegrate...and that I am serious about. I have never been a free wheeling mouse clicker and I just can't make myself do it. I always think, "for every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction" ( one of the laws of physics I remember, that and "an object in motion remains in motion unless acted upon by an outside force!") Can't remember what's on my grocery list...but the laws of physics I remember!!! Did we get a spell check with this new and improved system? I need to know where to find that one!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 AM

Forgot to give thanks to Patrice for helping me sign on I had to use a new name and password I have been on this board for a number of years. She has been very helpful and did not chastise me at all. Now....can someone help me with Search.....? Can't even figure that out ......
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM

sorry for all the posts. Now you know how computer illiterate I am
Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Like allmost every one else, high level of frustration the first couple of days, but decided to wait to make up my mind about leaving or staying. Have decided to stick it out, but now my level of frustration is a busted printer, so when I find instructions on how to do something, can't print it out. So for the time being, I guess I'll keep looking around, post to some of the new threads and wait for a new printer.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm happy that I, more or less, figured out how to navigate around and changed a few settings -- still a lot to figure out!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Well, I'm not going to leave but this new set up sure is a challenge. I liked the old one better, it was SOOO much easier. This one is just prettier. Still don't know how to bookmark anything, still can't get my signature to show and probably just won't. Sad but I just don't have the time, nor to I care to take the time, to learn all over how to do everything that I enjoyed on here before.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 AM

I hope to stay!!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 AM

I'm still here and not liking it one bit. I'm a new computer user and click on every icon to see what's there. Have ma de some boo-boos and me conputer is still working. I keep hoping some order will be made out of the chaos. Only one bright spot, my bookmarks are intact and I'm very grateful for that.