Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM

Finally had my appointment with the pulmonary rehab for the eval. I start on Friday for 2 hours 3 times a week. I will be there Monday, Wed, & friday for about 9 weeks. It was very encouraging. He said i should be very successful and lose weight in the process. I am excited to get started and build up the stamina and endurance in doing everyday things. I am so ready to get back to a normal life.

I have tried to post pics of the quilts I am working on and having no luck uploading the pics. I keep getting an error message that upload failed. no reason given.

Well I go back and see the surgeon tomorrow to see how I am doing healing. He has horrible bedside manners but is an awesome doctor when needed.

My NSV today was not buying any chips or junk food when I went to the grocery store. Bought lots of fruits and veggies.

I am in control and losing. keep up all your hard work and follow whatever your plan is.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 PM

Default Update of post

I had a good eating day, I went to lunch with dh and consumed more food for lunch today than I think I ate all last week, due to gastric issues. It still was just a salad but it felt good to eat.

I have begun more and more to depend on soup for my "filler" food. I have been drinking soup for breakfast and for my supper meal, I think it has resulted in even more weight loss. It really helps satiate my hunger cravings.

When I went to the grocer I bought oranges, apples and bananas. Having fresh fruit in a bowl on the table reminds me that there ARE other snacks than cakes and cookies, etc. I tend to want something sweet every night after supper and this reminder is working.

Last edited by purplemem; 11-08-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 AM

Had great news yesterday.DH had very serious,major surgery in Sept & was told it'd be a yr to full recovery.Well, it's been great how fast that has happened,to the point where he's doing a lot of yard/house work & enjoying every minute.Outside is where he loves to be,with yard etc work being his "hobby".

Yesterday,a Dr said his recovery is "just amazing,to the point where he'll be wrote about in medical journal".He'll have an MRI in March,see the surgeon & one other Dr. If all goes well...as expected,will be dismissed from all 3 Drs.They approved our trip to Fl to see DD.It was just wonderful,wonderful news!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 AM

Good morning one and all!

Patti, Congratulations on your hubby's great recovery. Tell him to keep doing what he's been doing what he's been doing.

Cindy, Sounds like your going to be a busy lady with all that therapy for a while. It's good to finally get started.

Judy (Irishrosh) It's just plain good to hear from you. I haven't heard from you in quite a while. No my hubby isn't on whatever that was you asked if he was taking. He was on Predisone for three weeks and is now on Amoxicill/clavulanate 1000 mg. 2 tabs twice a day. Not to mention all the other meds he's taking to stabelize his system. We are both walking pharmacies.

MJ, It's so good to hear you sound you happy and motivated. You hang in there girl!

Weren,t we supposed to post once a week if for no other reason to say hi? I don't see many people posting. and I also noticed that since the board changed we've seem to lost some members. I miss you guys. I'm having problems navigating around this board now to but I'm slowly learning. I did get my email notice back for this thread which has been very helpful (it goes in my spam folder) so I have to go looking for it though. One Day at a Time. I just checked my coffee creamer and it has no trans fat! Yah! I don't know how I'd live without coffee creamer for a week. I only had one slip on chocolate.

Well God Bless everyone. Have a Good Day.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:15 AM

I keep zip lock baggies of home made soup in the freezer.Love having it ready for lunch or even dinner on a busy day.Have broth made & will be making a vat full of veggie soup this wk.I zap a baggie in micro, then into the pan it goes.Sometimes I'll add a bit of a fresh diced veggie & let it simmer 10 mins.Mmmm so good.Grocery here has grapes on sale,so will stock up.Added to bananas & apples...we're all set.

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I had a good eating day, I went to lunch with dh and consumed more food for lunch today than I think I ate all last week, due to gastric issues. It still was just a salad but it felt good to eat.

I have begun more and more to depend on soup for my "filler" food. I have been drinking soup for breakfast and for my supper meal, I think it has resulted in even more weight loss. It really helps satiate my hunger cravings.

When I went to the grocer I bought oranges, apples and bananas. Having fresh fruit in a bowl on the table reminds me that there ARE other snacks than cakes and cookies, etc. I tend to want something sweet every night after supper and this reminder is working.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Cindy...I had same results adding a pic.Think the pic was too big.Good for you in getting your therapy started. Sounds like a heavy duty sched.Will prob wear you out,but just take naps & you'll get better every day.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 AM

Glad to see the positive messages from so many.

Plainpat, I need to get some soup made. My favorite is cabbage soup. The last 2 days I have been taking a thermos with some canned soup, Monday was a real low calorie soup and Tues was a reg cal soup. I enjoyed the taste of Monday's better, Tues seemed greasy, Yuck! I really do like home made best. I warm my thermos first the really make the soup boil before I put it in the thermos, the I put that thermos into a lunch bag to help keep it warm.

Have a great day everyone.
Jeannette in NJ
Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 AM

Busy lives for us all. I wish much success for those in the healing process. The year I broke my right arm sure makes one appreciate it when everything is working.

A friend from Silicon Valley came to visit. We went up to Apple Hill and bought apples. I added Rome Beauty and Fuji to my mutsu in the fridge. There is nothing like a crisp apple to ease that hunger pain. I checked the scale this morning as I do everyday and things were status quo. Great because I had two homemade cookies last night for dessert. Today I will make sure the naughty carbs don't pass my lips. I do want to be down 30 pounds by Dec. 1st. Off to Grass Valley with friend today. The Sierra foothills are lovely this time of year.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 AM

Yay!! I found the thread again... now to figure out how not to loose it again.... I am going to have to come back when I have more time to catch up.
I hope everyone is doing great with their losing and staying healthy!!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Here's an article I think is interesting.The more we learn, the better we'll do. JMO
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...lth/he-regain2