Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 AM

Patrice, having retired from a highly technical online job, I understand all that is going on and appreciate your time and patience. I love the Quilting Board. Quilting is hundreds of years old and computers are infants in comparison. These great quilters use all their math and logic skills to create masterpieces. The Quilting Board Tech Masters keep us all informed, up-to-date, and connected with each other. Change is always happening....we will adapt and make it through this one. Thank you to everyone who is making it possible to connect with all these fabulous quilters from around the entire world by clicking on a few keys on a computer.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 AM

You can teach an old doggie new tricks, and 3rd time's the charm. My old password was the hang up for some reason, but after 2 emails got everything figured out. Up dated my profile and found my bookmarks waiting for me to peruse again, it's a good morning.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:16 AM

Thank you for all your work. I can't find my bookmarks. Could you help me find them?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 AM

When I read that you were updating this board my hear went cold. I'm not very computer literate and had just got comfortable with the way it was before. Now I'm slowly learning how this new one works. I feel bad because I've lost friends that haven't put the effort into it to fiqure the whole thing out. Maybe given time they will come back. Thanks for all your hard work and for being here to answer questions we need answers to. God Bless to you.

Last edited by patricej; 11-13-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 AM

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK. I am sure with a little effort we will all learn how to use this sight.
Change can be very good for our brains!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 AM

This is much easier to read thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 06:06 AM

I'm finally getting used to this board again. I think we were all screaming with frustration! You know 2 year olds do the same, we are just practicing for "old age" no matter what that number means to us!! Thank you for the board and for letting us vent
Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
I appreciate your comments. The complaining comments are not read by me. There is always negative comments and as far as I'm concerned, they should be ignored. I'm sure you have read more comments that have not appeared here, and
for that I thank you. I hope that I will feel more at home with the new format soon. I am not very computer literate, and I have a new computer that is very different from my old one so I'm having a hard time navigating any sites. Better times are coming--at least that is what I'm telling myself.
Sue
I keep coming back to this post and part of it really bothers me. .."...There is always negative comments, and as far as I'm concerned they should be ignored." IMHO, negative comments are not always meant to be picky or hurtful. How can we learn more about navigating on this very difficult change that has been made. Not all of us are computer savvy, but we're here because we want to learn more about quilting. The friendships that have come from this board are also significant. I realize that all is being done that can be done to make this place a more pleasant place and one that we can all continue to utilize. For myself, I find myself trying time and time again to try again, but I don't get very far-- but each time I do manage to find something else that I need. When my frustration level hits it's peak, I just shut it off and go to my machine (or I go to bed {{wink, wink}} ). Patrice has been so helpful to me and so have other posts along the way. Thanks a million to all who are working this out. And please don't ignore our frustrations. BTW, what IS the ignore feature??? I love this board and I am truly trying to hang in there, but there are times when this old hen just falls apart.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 AM

Today is the first day that I can open the digest through email!! Yippee!! Now if I can get my signature to work!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 AM

I really don't care for the new format, seems like when I log on it's the same thing I've seen the last week. I liked see NEW things the all members had to say or show. Now I have to sift through and figure out what hasn't been on the site for the last few days.