Southern nh quilters wanted

Old 11-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
Hi Tristansnana,
I'm in southern NH, close to the MA border. Been quilting for about 7 years now. I have a sister in Rochester, and her 14 year old daughter wants to come stay with me for a few days at the Christmas break so I can teach her to sew!
Hi Jennie Penny, I also live in Rochester. Perhaps we could meet some time when you come to visit your sister.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I love Bits and Pieces! They have wonderful sales. I get a lot of Moda there for 4.99 a yard. They are located in Pelham NH. Worth the drive. I love when they have Fat qtr sales for 1.00. I am waiting for the next big sale.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:35 AM

Hi Tristansnana,
I will be sure to send you a Pm the next time I drive to Rochester to visit my sister. Would love to meet you.

Sincerely,
Jennie
Old 11-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Your post really caught my eye. We come from Massachusetts right on the NH border and my brother lives in Plaistow. If NH didn't have such snow and cold weather I never would have left. Miss it and everyone there. It is a special part of the world. Will be visiting in July and will definitely check out the quilting shop.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I love Bits and Pieces! They have wonderful sales. I get a lot of Moda there for 4.99 a yard. They are located in Pelham NH. Worth the drive. I love when they have Fat qtr sales for 1.00. I am waiting for the next big sale.
I've been there myself, even before they moved across the street. Unfortunately, haven't caught one of those sales you mentioned...but sure wouldn't mind if I did. I have a particular interest in Fat Qtrs...have made most all of my quilts from them. I can't understand why so many quilters don't want to bother with them. Just love 'em. Maybe we'll meet someday at Bit & Pieces. You never know.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM

Sounds like I am on the otherside of NH near the MA border. If you are ever coming to the Keene area PM me. We could meet at Joanns or NE fabric co. jacqui
Old 12-17-2011, 12:07 PM

There's a very friendly quilt guild in Keene, NH. called Cheshire quilt guild. They meet monthly. Google their website and see what's coming up.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Heading to Bits "N Pieces then on to Pine Tree Quilt Shop in Salem NH. Going to be a fun afternoon!!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by airedalemom View Post
There's a very friendly quilt guild in Keene, NH. called Cheshire quilt guild. They meet monthly. Google their website and see what's coming up.
I have a friend who lives up that way, I wonder if she knows about the guild? I'll have to ask her.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Banned

Hi and welcome from Keene
I didn't see your post when you put it up - found it now searching for something else.
I'm in Keene
Belong to Cheshire Guild in Keene; meets 2nd Wednesday of the month 6:30 to 9 at the Rec Center on Washington St.
Also to SooNipi Guild in Newport; meets 3rd Thursday 10 am to 1 or 2 pm at the Community Room of Sugar River Bank on Main Street (Rte 10)
A small group of us meet occasionally at the Keene Public Library, usually when we want to lay out blocks or sandwich a quilt and want input from others. PM me your e-mail if interested and I'll put you on the list to notify. We'll be there this coming Tuesday, January 10 hours 10 am to 2 pm - Kay Fox Room in the basement - huge room, good lighting, lots of outlets, big tables.
There is another small group of SooNipi quilters who meet at the Free Library on Rte 10 in Newport the 1st Thursday of the month noon to 3 pm.
Finally, a small number of us can meet every Wednesday at Gail Peck's shop Quilters Workshop Rte 10 (Main Street) in Newport. 10 am to whenever. She's a lovely woman and it's one of the 2 shops left I buy from in person (I'm a online shopper).
I seldom go to a Guild meeting nor to the Library group in Newport.
If you wish to come, I'd be happy to go that day to introduce you.

Last edited by gollytwo; 01-07-2012 at 06:10 AM.