Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction >

Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Old 11-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Just wanted to let everyone that has EQ5, this is what I finally did and its working. I deleted it off my computer and reinstalled it. Now its working just fine and I am so glad that I did that. So if you are having troubles with your EQ5 then try this.

Verna2197
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Morag View Post
I have EQ7but have never really played with it. Will you cover that?
I will be covering all 3 versions. Where I can I will show all 3 of whatever we are talking about and how the versions vary. When we get into the features that EQ5 does not have I will do my best. NO quaranties as I just got my EQ7 last Thurs and will be trying to keep ahead of the classes. But a lot of what I see in 7 works just like 5 and 6 so I will be able to get quite aways through 7 before I run into things I don't know. At least I hope! LOL If we do run into things I dont' know I will be searching and trying to learn it so I can pass it along.

If anyone has any questions of things in 7 that I can research then please let me know. I know someone wanted to be able to pull a quilt apart and see all the components and I am working on that one. I also don't know much about paper piecing on 7 so I will be checking that out soon too so I can show you how it works.
Anything else I can look into before we get into these in class? Remember I am not an expert just sharing what I do know how to do on EQ. Anyone knows more than I please jump in and give advice if you want to! there's lots I don't know so I am thrilled if anyone can help out.

Posting your experiences is a great way to help others! Don't be shy to share your EQ journey!

I would love to see pics of your quilt blocks and quilts along the way too!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

Thank you! Great job! Looking forward to the next lesson.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Roe

I did order the book and paid for it but I don't know how to get it Please I need help
.Roe
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Roe View Post
I did order the book and paid for it but I don't know how to get it Please I need help
.Roe
Which book did you order? did you order it on the Board or on my Website? I'll be happy to help.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 PM

hi rhonda i am just about to buy the eq7, and wondered, are the extra products you can buy, like the quilters vols 1-7 are they stand alone products or do they duplicate the eq7 a little. and would you recommend the kalidescope package, the stars etc. i am getting into making my own stencils etc wont to use the pounce pad with stencils. can you help me with any suggestions please. thx jane
Old 11-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janedb View Post
hi rhonda i am just about to buy the eq7, and wondered, are the extra products you can buy, like the quilters vols 1-7 are they stand alone products or do they duplicate the eq7 a little. and would you recommend the kalidescope package, the stars etc. i am getting into making my own stencils etc wont to use the pounce pad with stencils. can you help me with any suggestions please. thx jane
I haven't used any of these other products. You could ask on the Board and see if anyone else has had any experience on this.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:41 AM

Thank you! I am just starting to work my way around and although not through the first lesson yet I just wanted to say your instructions are so clear and precise, thank you!! ok now back to the classroom!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Thanks for doing this Rhonda. It took me a little bit to work through your instructions but that was only because a) it was me (LOL) and b) I have EQ7 and am not familiar with it or any other version. I did manage to find the links after a little search and am looking forward to more lessons.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Hey, Rhonda! Thanks for this tutorial. You make it FUN! Your instructions are so clear and logical, even I can do it! Thank you-thank you-thank you!