Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Yes, thanks to you CraftyBear I just spent a bundle on fabric, etc. (including a new light box.....great excuse to get one, thanks, no really, thanks) so I can start the "My Tweets" patterns. I love her techniques. I've done a few blocks from a book I have but haven't been totally happy with the outcome. Incorporating her techniques, I think will help a lot. Thank you for starting this thread. Now to find the time to get through all these pages and applique. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty View Post
I've never done it. I would love to chat about it to see what I can learn.
Hey - we can get together for lunch some day and I can show you!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 AM

This is great. I love to hand appliqué. Working on a Hawiian quilt right now. Learning so much from this.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 PM

I have 2 quilt tops started that are raw edge applique. Love doing it but it is time consuming since there are alot and I mean a lot of little pieces. Have them both out and by the machine so I can work on them.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Omgosh...I luv applique.....I do both raw edge and finished edge...depends what Iam appliqueing.....I have a cricut and a bigkick sizzix that does all my cutting of hearts,flowers etc...and then I apply them to shirts, sweatshirts,bibs,quilts you name it Ive done it......right now Iam getting ready to do some mug rugs that seem to be so popular for xmas...cant wait to start them....Iam also working on a bag for my g/d shes a soccer gal and she wants something for her lap top so Iam going to get that started too...geez cant believe in 2 weeks it will be Thanksgiving...I really need to get my act in gear here....so yep Iam going to love this thread for sure...so lets get it started......Trish
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 AM

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I love applique! I usually do machine applique with a satin or blanket stitch. Today, I am appliqueing reindeer, balls, and stars on the borders of a Christmas quilt.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 AM

woww i see 59 pages on this thread i have a lot to read and catch up with, I love to applique i find it very relaxing the preparation can be very tedious but rewarding just sitting and do little blanket stitch it's something i can take away with me I am doing the Baltimore BOM at the moment via QB
Old 11-11-2011, 04:05 AM

I have bever appliqued, but I think it is coming up in my 1st quilt project. Anything I could learn on here would be very helpful.
Shavian
Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 AM

I have a button hole stitch on my machine (Viking Sapphire) that does two stitches in, two back out, two side step. It's very sturdy and I've been using it to sew hexagons on kids quilts. Looks very nice too. No problems with wear and tear -- yet.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:32 AM

Mamaw I just ordered this pattern and am in the process of collecting the wool for it. Can't wait to get started on this one. I have never done wool applique, but love needleturn and machine applique. Not too crazy about raw edge. How far along are you on your project? Where in Maine are you? We have a camp in Oquossoc (Rangeley Lakes).