Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Well a lot probably won't like what I'm gonna say, but the one thing I don't like about the new board is ALL THE COMPLAINTS!! Just give it a chance, I'm finding LOTS of good things, and I haven't lost anything, can find all old posts, pics, tuts and bookmarks, all....Just give a little and take time, click on things to see what's what. You can sign up to receive notices when someone posts on any of the subjects, get a Daily Digest, etc. I say HOORAH for the changes, keeps things interesting!

Jean
Old 11-12-2011, 11:36 AM

Jean: Can you help me learn how to set a bookmark. Found a message I want to bookmark and for the life of me can't find how to do so. Thanks a bunch Themachinelady (Lee)
Old 11-12-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
Jean: Can you help me learn how to set a bookmark. Found a message I want to bookmark and for the life of me can't find how to do so. Thanks a bunch Themachinelady (Lee)
On the top tan menu bar you'll see Thread Tools on the right side. Click that and select Subscribe to this Thread (third line). In the next window, there will be a drop down box after the word Folder. Select either Bookmarks or Subscriptions (watched topics), your choice.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:53 AM

I"m learning, but still find it very difficult to navigate - almost to the point of just giving up_ I miss the "unread topics" and a quick way to find "new posts" I also miss ( or haven"t found) all the links to other project pages. It WAS a good site and I'll keep trying for a while. Thanks for listening.[/I]
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Jean, thanks so much for your help, have set a bookmark for the message I wanted.

Lee (aka themachinelady)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 PM

well i dont like how i cant make a mider edge... lol just thought i would change the topic..
Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 PM

i dont like how i cant make a mider edge. just thought i would change the topic....
Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Unhappy Daily messages now versus the old way

On the OLD way you could instantly see the new messages of that day only! I am missing the latest messages and I DEFINATELY DONT SPEND AS MUCH TIME ON HERE BECAUSE I GET FRUSTRATED TRYING TO FIND THE LATEST, AND WHEN YOU DO FIND ONE IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET TO THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.
Sooooooooooooo, I guess I will be spending more time on my quilting and LESS time on the board unless someone can help me with this.

Thanks, Peggy
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Why do I have to sign in the reply? Is everyone else having to sign in? The old board let me reply as soon as I opened the thread.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Also, I miss seeing everyone's avatar. I can see mine, but not yours.