Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you quilters are from Tennessee? >

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM

I don't live in your town but a high school friend does, I haven't seen her in many years.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB View Post
I am the closest to Quilting Granny!! I live in Kingsport, which is about 40 minutes away.
I have you beat, live in Johnson City. About 10 miles away. I didn't know ther were so many from TN.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltBridge View Post
Hi Jeandrig! I just had to respond - was born in Oneida, lived in Helenwood, family in Knoxville still, and been living just south of Atlanta for last 30+ years. I would join you on that the mountain - sounds like heaven to me! Wonderful that Tennessee still has such a quilting heritage and so many to keep it going!!
Hi, "QuiltBridge." If you were born in Oneida in the 1950's thru the 1980's, there's a good chance my stepmom was the nurse who helped the dr. during your birth. I grew up with mom in Louisiana, but my dad lives in Oneida, and I used to spend part of my summers in Oneida when I was growing up, and still go to visit as often as I can. In fact, I plan to go after Christmas this year. The last time I went, a couple years ago, the fall foliage was so beautiful and I was paying too much attention to it, and took the wrong "fork" in the road, and found myself in Oak Ridge. I'd never been there before and had no idea where I was until I passed the post office and saw "Oak Ridge Post Office" in big letters. I had to plug in the GPS to figure out the quickest way to get to Oneida from Oak Ridge.

I hope I don't get snowed in when I go after Christmas--but that's a possibility.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
fab

Default Live in TN.

Originally Posted by MissM View Post
I am from Munford, TN that is about 30 miles from Memphis.
I live in Chattanooga, and we have two quilt stores: Joann and Hancocks.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM

Cleveland TN by way of Milwaukee, WI. Love this board. Everyone feels like good neighbors
Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 AM

I haven't read all of the posts from Tennessee, but I live on the Tennessee River (aka Fort Loudon Lake) in Friendsville, TN. There are some great quilters in this area and I'm trying to learn from them. I have been to Loose Threads in Harriman, Pappy's in Maryville, the Fabric Store in Tazewell and would like to visit several more in the area. Hobby Lobby in Maryville is also a favorite stop.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 AM

I am from Halls and Mother was born in Brownsville, I have family from Dyersburg to Memphis. I traveled down 51 a zillion times. It is pretty.
Gwen
Old 11-14-2011, 12:09 PM

How many are from Soddy Daisy? I go to either the sew shop in Dayton or JoAnns off Gunbarrel Rd. Hobby Lobby is ok but they have the same ol' thing everytime you go in! I save my coupons and go to JoAnns for the most part. OR I forgot, I order online at Whittles in KY. I'd like to visit there sometime. My Sister lives in Dandridge outside of Sevierville. She likes going to the Cherry Pit or Mamaws of Papermill Dr.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM

well I live in East Tennessee, for 5 years Knoxville, I return every 3 months for a visit for my sweetheart lives in Sweetwater does that count?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 PM

Hi, Iam from Lebanon, Tn. I have been in Tn for 3 yrs. Have been quilting since 1984, and just can't get enough