Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Potato Soup Recipe wanted >

Potato Soup Recipe wanted

Potato Soup Recipe wanted

Old 11-13-2011, 09:28 PM

I posted twice. Left corrected one.

Last edited by violets4me123; 11-13-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM

There is a recipe on Allrecipes.com for "Delicious Ham and Potato Soup" I've made many times and gets great reviews. I have made with ham, chicken, OR turkey. My favorite is Turkey sliced thick from the deli, and I cut it into cubes. It is so delicious!!! Enjoy. I have also served in sourdough bowls. ( we put in a few dashes of Tabasco sauce on top.)
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 AM

I cut potatoes in chunks, add onion and boil till potatoes are almost mushy add oleo and cheese.
mix flour, salt and pepper and milk and temper with hot water from potatoes add to pot and add more milk as needed for the thickness you want.
serve with cornbread
I sometimes add left over mac and cheese when company shows up .
Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 AM

This was a recipe I found out about when on WeightWatchers. It's easy and the more you cook it the thicker it will get.

2 lg containers of chicken broth
1 package O'Brien hash brown potatoes ( hash browns with onions & peppers in it)
1 pk. Pioneer Country Gravy mix.
Cook the broth and potatoes until they are as thick as you like. Mix the gravy mix in water. I usually mix it in half at a time. Add to the potatoes. Cook a few more minutes.

Hope you like it.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM

I use an easy one, 2 cups diced cooked potatoes, 1 can of creamed corn, 2 cups milk...I also add celery flakes and cooked diced carrot if I have it....so good...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 AM

I usually thicken my potato soup with a flour and water paste. Mix flour with cold water then stir into the hot soup until desired thickness.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM

I have been making a simple, old fashioned (I guess) potato soup all my life. I start with a "roux". Which is melted butter, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or similar oil and garlic. First add the oils and then the flour (whole wheat works well and adds flavor) stir constanly, a paste forms, then start to add your milk (any kind up to condenced) or chicken broth, it becomes a thick sauce which you control with more or less roux. After that add whatever you like! I saute all veggies before adding. You can add ham, celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, anything you like. Don't forget to salt and pepper quilt a bit and really like Mrs Dash seasoning in mine. PM me if you like and we can talk about this recipe. I guarantee it is an excellent soup you'll love.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Good Morning. My mouth is watering at the thought of Potato Soup. The best baked potato soup I ever made came from a recipe my daughter found on the internet.
Best Evah Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
2/3 c butter
4 green onions, sliced thin
12 strips bacon, crumbled
1 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c sour cream
7 c milk
2/3 c flour
4 c baked potato, cut up
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Melt butter, stir in flour. Stir until smooth & bubbly, Gradually add milk & stir till thickened. Add potatoes & onion. Cook & stir till bubbly,reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients & heat stirring till cheese melts. Serve immediately. OR
Bear Creek puts out a Creamy Potato Soup Mix in a bag that makes 1/2 gallon and it's scrumptious. All you add is a pot and 8 cups of water! I've added bacon, sour cream and cheese to the mix, and I've also added corn to make "Chowdah". You can trust what I offer - I am on the fluffy side and know about good food!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 AM

Can anyone help me? I think that there was a receipe posted here this past summer some time for PLUM BREAD. Does anyone remember this and if you do, can you help me find it? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 AM

How lazy are you? I hate cooking.
HASH BROWN POTATO SOUP
1 pkg frozen hash browns (about 30 oz.)
3 cans chicken broth
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz. French Onion dip
Cook the hash-browns & broth until potatoes are tender. Then add other ingredients and cook a while longer. Salt & pepper to taste.