Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM

Hi, I have a featherweight that I bought from a dealer in Tennn at a quilting retreat/class back in 1984. I love it and use it for classes etc. I have the free motiion foot and have even free motiiiiion quilted on it. Theey are very popular in Fl. Happy quilting to all Genny
Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 AM

I'll keep you in consideration when I go through the collection.. thanks.

Originally Posted by Linkbeth View Post
If you are interested in 'selling' any others would love to be able to have a chance at one of them..that is of course after Craftybear..I am also looking for a 301 if anyone has one they might want to sell..thanks so very much..Have a wonderful day all!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:58 AM

You should start a journal on your litte FW. Write its' history and what follows. Someone in years to come will read it and say "WHY ON EARTH DID THOSE PEOPLE LOVE LITTLE BLACK SEWING MACHINES? THEY MUST HAVE BEEN LOONY
TOONS!" Well, they might have a point, I don't care I love my little machines and I don't care who knows! Enjoy your day, fellow FW lovers!!! :-)

Originally Posted by jeragan View Post
Way back when, in 1952, I took a sewing class in middle school, made a dress and got lucky when I won a brand new featherweight. I hated the dress, but I held onto the sewing machine. It has moved all over the world with me. I still have the table that came with it, which Hubby refinished. I just started quilting last year and am so thankful that I have this little jewel.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:42 PM

I have a feather weight 221-1 it was my mother in laws, and she gave it to me this year.
I used it only 3 times, had it in the shop to give the once over. When sewing the last time I
noticed the wire ( petal foot) had a little 2 little nicks on it. I guess I should replace it before sewing on it again.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:44 PM

I have a Feathweight. I purchased this Centennial in 2002 and I love it. i have no girls to teach sewing/quilting and wanted to leave a gift to my Nieces so in June I gave each a Featherweight with a class on making a Burrito Pillowcase.They each received attachments and a buttonholer. I met the nicest people while searching for parts.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM

I too have a Featherweight table...what a jewel. I found one this Fall for my Twin she absolutely loves it...to have a work surface the whole table size is fabulous.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Wink Finally got one!

I saw a Featherweight listed in an antique auction about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to be home the day of auction so I decided to take a change and submit a silent bid, sight unseen. When I called in my bid, the auctioneer told me it had the case and looked good. On returning home later that day, I stopped by auction and I had won the machine, at less than I bid! I got it for $175. The machine is in great condition cosmetically and even though I haven't sewn much yet with it, it sews good. Has the original manual and the case is in good condition. Needless to say, I was so excited I got it!! I've been looking for several years.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM

I am very happy to tell you all that I am a proud owner of a Featherweight also. I found mine at a flea market. She was born on 4/22/1954. She also came with the original bill of sale. She just needed some general clean up and love. She sews beautifully. I have named her Mary after her original owner.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM

I forgot to ask - Does anyone know where I could get extra bobbins for my Mary? The poor thing only came with one. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM

You can order them online, check out this site, these are great folks to deal with. [email protected]
www.patented-antiques.com
www.antiqbuyer.com

Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I forgot to ask - Does anyone know where I could get extra bobbins for my Mary? The poor thing only came with one. Thanks.