Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Today I finally started my pulmonary rehab. I am tired, not exhausted. I went at my own pace, they are great. All total with all the different exercises they had me do I spent about 35 mins total exercising. They said each time we will increase the amount of time exercising. It was a good class there was only 2 of us there so it was one on one.

I am ready to get back to normal and increase my stamina.

I think I lost weight too fast last month. I have noticed that I have put back on 4 lbs this month. It will come back off. I am watching what I am eating and now with the exercising starting I know it will come down. I also have not been drinking water like I should just my ice tea. I need to increase my water intake and will see what happens.

I am in control.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM

I still have problems with this new format. I never said I was very computer smart. Anyway I do not get notified when there is a new post. What am I doing wrong?

You ladies are such an incentive for me. Thank you for being there.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
mim

I started at the gym today -- and the trainer measured my body fat UGH!!!! She wants me to lose 5% of body fat. Not sure how that is supposed to be done. Anyhow -- half an hour on a recumbent bike later, I felt good. No step stairs for me because of my knee. A rollup and cranberry juice for lunch and a walk around the neighborhood circle with Ed this afternoon.
Now to drink more water.

Mim
Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
Thanks. That's my Mom in the avatar pic....just a few mos before she died at nearly 90. Look at her hair, it was darker then than mine has been for ages.I miss her.You really are a motherless child when your parents are gone.

Have a good day. It's near 70* here, windy & sunny at times.
This is so true!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
I used to have a quote on my page because it fit me & I needed to understand it meant what it meant.

"If you do what you always did,you'll get what as you always got"

Spent too many times looking for an excuse to eat,too many times making excuses for myself.Hopefully it's finally sinking it.This is 1st time not losing for a wk didn't send me into "oh,well, what's the use"....in reality,just a green light to eat.No way I would ever lose & keep it off thinking like that.
I write down what I eat, how much & cal count for all.Talking to my DD helps,reading food plans helps & all of you help so much.You've had a great loss.Please share any tips you have.

" Good job on the loss. I think you're right, everyone is different. And this weight loss thing has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be something you can continue on after you reach your goal. Sure you can lose weight on a Atkins or a 500 calorie a day diet, but just start eating again and you're right back where you started. I think it's all about eating healthy, portion control and trying to move some each day. Keep up the good work."
I love the quote. It really hits home for me, I will try to remember it. Thanks so much for your encouraging words they came at a good time. Sometimes just hearing someone else be positive or strong really helps motivate us to stay strong ourselves.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:09 PM

BettyKay did you go to your settings pace and change it to receive notifications? The default is to not send.

Well I think I have gained back all the weight I lost, blergh. Lately the joints have been giving me so much trouble that I haven't been moving like I should. Sigh, sometimes I feel like I'm 95 instead of 55.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM

I tried to figure it out so I could tell you - but I couldn't. I do get notification, but don't know why you don't. I guess I would just check each day. You can access it by going to where you have sent messages and access it that way. Sorry I am of no help.
Originally Posted by BettyKay View Post
I still have problems with this new format. I never said I was very computer smart. Anyway I do not get notified when there is a new post. What am I doing wrong?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by BettyKay View Post

Go to the top of the page. In one of the tan bars you will find thread tools. When you are finished choosing your options, be sure to click subscribe in blue.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 AM

Well,I've had a hard time getting on.It doesn't cooperate too good.Every time I go to log in,it tells me I've put in the wrong data.Anyway,I took a terrible spill way back last week.Really banged myself up.I seen blue and dark purple bruses,but never black ones.I got black ones all down my hip/leg.Took a hard fall from high up onto a tree trunk.OUCH!Took me awhile to even get up.So,been out of commision needless to say.I know everyone is doing great.Hang in there,you can do it!I got my 10 pounds off,how bout you all?If not better get busy.We're half way thru the month.I'm so glad I have lots of sizes of clothes.As lately I been swinging all over the map.Ok,let's GET ER DONE!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:08 AM

i'm dropping out for this month. i'll be back in december or january. i love you all and i don't want to bring you down with my problems. you are doing great!! keep it up!! and i will see you all in the new year, most likely. you know how to reach me if you need to. my pm's are cleared 8-). xylie, stay off the roof and out of the darn trees! i can't see your dh climbing up to bring your broken body down! consider your fall a warning. you are not in cirque de soleil!! would hate to read on aol about the lady from bard, ca that stayed hanging in a tree for 2 weeks before anyone could get her down! lousy way to lose weight!! ta ta for now! nancia