Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Potato Soup Recipe wanted >

Potato Soup Recipe wanted

Potato Soup Recipe wanted

Old 11-14-2011, 08:20 AM

Here is a link to a potato soup I made a few weeks ago & it is by far the best I have had! I love using my crockpot & love potato soup & this fit the bill. I didn't peel my potatoes, used evaporated milk instead of cream & left out the cilantro & it was wonderful- thick, tasty & perfect!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/P...-Potato-Soup-2
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 AM

I boil however many potatoes I want then onion boil in water let boil untill almost mushy thendont drain add some half and half or some sour cream bring to a boil if not thick enough disolve some cornstarch in water and add untill thickens,

I like to add velveeta cheese cubes and ham or bacon to mine
Old 11-14-2011, 10:18 AM

These are the ingredients that I use for Potato Soup. Amount of each, depends on what you have on hand and the amount of soup you want to make. Bacon (crisp and crumbled) Onions, cook in the same pan that you cooked bacon in. dump the bacon grease, but scrap the pan to get all of the goodies left on the bottom. Cook onions until limp and slightly brown
Add milk, I like to add a can of evaporated milk (for richness) along with regular milk. Thicken with dry potato flakes.
Season with salt and pepper. I sometimes add a can of corn, including juice.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM

I received this recipe from a dear client and it is wonderful. Make on stove top. Peel 3 or 4 good sized white potatoes, cover with water. Add 1 small stalk chopped celery and 1 cut up onion. Boil until most of the water has evaporated and all are very tender. Mash well with wooden spoon or big fork, add 1 cup whole milk, stir and heat. Add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and heat until melted. Add 1 cup sour cream, stir and heat, but be careful not to boil. Salt and pepper to taste, then garnish as desired. I sometimes add a little celery seed. THIS IS THE BEST POTATO SOUP EVER!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Default mashed potatoe soup

I boil diced onions grated carrots & ham or weiners til tender thn I add my left over mashed potatoes or you can used instant add milk & butter to consistancy you like. I like mine thick it thickens in a short while you may have to add more milk or cream as it sets for awhile.salt & pepper to taste. Good Luck
Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 PM

OH MY we have some great cooks on this board, my mouth was watering by the time I read all the posts. Definitely have to book mark this and try these recipes!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM

My husband makes potato soup with cream of mushroom soup and milk. Cook the potatoes. onion and carrots in either water or chicken broth. Then he adds a can of mushroom soup and milk to your desired thickness. Uses either ham or smoked sausage for flavor. Salt and pepper to taste
Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 AM

Red face Potatoe Soup

This is my recipe: It is so good. U can also use it to make brocolli soup. Just substitue the potatoes with brocolli

Ingreidents: Potatoes, Onions, celery, 2 cans or one large can Cream of chicken soup, garlic powder or chopped garlic. chicken boullion cubes, salt and pepper, 1 cup or one can of evaporated milk or Half and Half milk, Sour cream. Chedder cheese.
optional: Chopped green onion

Peel and cube potatoes: Chop med onion, 3 celery stalks, 3 chicken bullion cubes, 1/2 tsp garlic, Just enough water to cover potaoes dash of salt and pepper.
Cook these ingredients until potatoes are almost done but not falling apart. ( red potatoes don't cook mushy). Add Half and Half and cream of chicken soup, cook on med to low heat, stirring often. Stir in Sour cream: Add Chedder cheese: Optional: Chopped green onion for garnish.
Good on a cold day. enjoy. Kadie 58
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12 PM

Bear Creek makes an excellent mix in a package, just add boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Super great just as it is but can be doctored up to suit your personal taste. So good I serve to company often. Quick and easy.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM

This sounds yummy and easy!

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
This is the easiest potato soup recipe.

Peel potatoes and chunk them up
Diced celery, diced onions and I like carrots so I shred them
Cover with chicken broth to cook until tender.
I add one can of evaporated milk and half a stick of butter.
Salt and Pepper to taste
Add potato flakes to thicken as desired.

We like crumbled sausage and cheese on it with finished. Serve with sourdough crutons.

I don't measure anything because it depends on how much I want to make. I don't like it leftover so we usually just make enough for lunch.