Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-15-2011, 03:45 AM

Even thought I went to settings and requested daily updates on posts that I either started or posted in, (about a week ago) I wasn't getting much in my daily mail. This morning, however, I got tons of information not only saying that new posts were available in the threads I had posted in, but it listed every comment in each thread that had been posted since my last visit I guess. Perhaps they are getting the daily information by settings to work, but why not just email me the link back to the thread instead of the link plus everything that had been posted. And...... I have yet to figure out whether the link takes me back to where I was last, or somewhere else, because in absence of any information previous to today that anything had been posted, I visited those threads and tried to find where I left off. I assume there is more stuff going on in the background now that will cater to whatever the objectives were for the change, but did those objectives necessitate drastic change for the looks, functions, and ease of navigation? We will never know.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
Thank you for validating my feelings/issues/lack of computer knowledge ! Because of my lack of knowledge of computers and how they really work, I was feeling totally inept at navigating the new site. I agree with busygranny that we shouldn't have to be burden with learning all the new computer generated stuff....just give us back our old site and let us enjoy it as it was. I could get real excited about someone creating a new site such as we had that was our enjoyment and not to test our computer prowness ! SOMEWHERE under all of this computer mumbo jumbo there is the bottom line and it is money.....somewhere someone has benefited greatly from these changes...if that is not true, then why ?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by noahscats7 View Post
I think you sumed it up in a nutshell and weren't even trying. We didn't have to learn how to navigate the old board. You simply joined and entered a do-it-yourself place with self explanatory titles.
Hope everyone sticks around long enough to learn it all. Often I've gotten discouraged recently and just logged off...and I work online daily in my business. Sometimes just because a function is possible doesn't mean that it's a good fit for the audience.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM

The old board was very easy to navigate. I would spend 2hours each day reading and laughing and being astounded at the sight of the beautiful quilts and other things on the board. Now I spend about 15 min, expect I will stop even checking in. I do not think the benefits of the new board exceed the benefits of the old board I have a choice here and it is to quit or not to quit. Right now I will check in daily, but I doubt it will last long, it is troublesome.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:00 AM

I agree with Quilting Wannabee, I used to spend at least an hour or two on the board just reading, looking and enjoying everything. Now, it's too hard to find what you are looking for and I only spend about 5 to 10 minutes reading. Probably won't stick with it much longer. It was a great site before.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 AM

I just do not enjoy the format anymore. I like to open the email, read the posts and then go back to my quilting or whateveer else I am doing. I would spend hours each day seeing what was going on. Now I only get on once a week maybe because it looks the same everytime. Will not waste my time much longer.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 PM

I agree - spend much less time on here - even at the end of my workday - I liked looking at the new quilts - now they are organized by the last person posting - seems like a waste - I don't have the time or energy to look for the new stuff, not just the most recent comment - just frustrated. The other thing is no emails if someone posted something new on a thread I was interested in - just 'here';s today's issue'. Bummer
Old 11-15-2011, 03:35 PM

OK folks....get a grip on it. Sure things have changed and we have to look for what was in front of us. But think about it....when you first found this site, didn't you have to explore it and experiment with it until you settled into a routine and enjoyed it? That's the way it is with the new format. Sure there are things about it that I don't like....like being able to tell when I read a post (this poor old 67 years old mind does not remember like it used to) or when I open the daily digest up it shows the busiest post and not the newest as the old one used to (if I want to follow a post I used to reply to it and I would get an email when others posted). Those are just two of the "I don't likes" but I have found a way to get around them. By scrolling to the bottome of the digest and clicking on archives. It shows all the post and they change colors when I read them. So, if I don't have time to read them on the first go round, I can go back later and don't have to try and figure out which I have alread read. It's just like there were never any changes.

So take a deep breath, get a cup of java/tea/maybe wine? and start to explore. It's not that bad once you get used to it.:t humbup:

Everyone have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM

This is so sad. We were so comfortable here. Sort of like having a pair of slippers that you've worn in and won't give up no matter what. They may not be new but they're what makes you happy.I still like the board but it's just not user friendly and soft and cuddly like it used to be. I wish we could just go back to the way we were. Change isn't always good. Sometimes you just need a warm friendly spot that won't change and will always be there for you. Sorry for the ones that worked so hard but we just loved what we had.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:32 PM

I am having a hard time doing anything now.I am not good on the computers anyway. So I know it isnt the board but my lack of computer skills.I need to go to the beginning and find out what to do where.My question is where do I go to find out how to start.Forgive me if this has been addressed befor.Befor I could read everything or nothing in a few minutes this time alone I have been 58 minutes just getting to this question. Help PLEASE I loved this site.