Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 AM
dd

I don't remember the digest, guess I never used that in the old format. I liked the unread button. I just want to read the things have just been posted. I don't want to keep getting the same thread with new posts in the What's New button. I figure the ones I wanted to see are being sent to me anyway.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:25 AM

Another using the archive button.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Retired GI Jo View Post
Hi MaryKatherine. I just go down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive. There, if I've already looked at a thread, it is pink and my unread ones are blue. It is broken down into the different topics, but I usually just look at Main, Pictures, and Introduce Yourself. If it's a thread that I want to follow like the Scrap Quilts one, I simply go to Thread Tools at the top of the page and subscribe to that one. Works for me. I no longer even look at the Daily Digest. It just doesn't do what I want it to do at all. Hope this helps you. I love Quilting Board, but the Daily Digest took a nose dive in this new format.

Joyce
Thank you so much. I've been looking for a change in color of items read and unread. Why can't they do this on the home page?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:35 AM

Also click on "what's new"
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 AM

I always click "recent topics". (upper right, in a blue-ish circle). And before I open anything, I check the date it was started That's near the composers name.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Retired GI Jo View Post
Hi MaryKatherine. I just go down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive. There, if I've already looked at a thread, it is pink and my unread ones are blue. It is broken down into the different topics, but I usually just look at Main, Pictures, and Introduce Yourself. If it's a thread that I want to follow like the Scrap Quilts one, I simply go to Thread Tools at the top of the page and subscribe to that one. Works for me. I no longer even look at the Daily Digest. It just doesn't do what I want it to do at all. Hope this helps you. I love Quilting Board, but the Daily Digest took a nose dive in this new format.

Joyce
This is exactly what I do. The only thing I do different is if I want to follow a certain thread, I will repy to it. Then I get an email when someone adds to the thread. I will have to try that subscribe button.The daily digest list the "busiet threads" and sometimes those will stay on for days.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 AM

I miss the Recipes. I got a lot of yummy new ideas there. I hope they aren't done refashioning this site. To use a quilting term, it's pretty wonky!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

Default Why are the same topics or old topics coming up in the digests every day?

Every day I'm seeing the same topics come up in the digest, and some from months ago. Isn't anyone posting new topics?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

I'm always wondering if I'm looking at the current day's digest or an old one.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 PM

I don't really care about the threads that are the most active. I liked the old digest that I could scan and see what was new and also after looking at it I could tell which one I had already looked at. It was hand all on one page and I could keep up with all the latest without looking at 4 pages to do so. I am computer literate and embrace change fiarly easily, but you have totally screwed up this site. Like others have posted on here, I looked forward to coming down in the morning and spending time on your site. But now I find that I spend less and less time on it. I used to tell people about your site and to be sure and sign up because it was so informative. But I won't be doing that now. I'm sorry that you felt the need to overhaul it instead of just enhancing some features that needed fixing. I see the same topics also come up and since I have already looked at them, I don't go look again. I just wonder how your traffic has been on this site since you changed the entire format.