Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm trying to stay positive about the new method, but it's not so easy--I found the old style easy to navigate from day one! One thing I really miss is the avatars being large enough to actually see. I often wished the old board had larger ones so I could see more detail, and most of them now are so small I can barely tell what they even represent. (insert sad face here)
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 AM

Like many others I am trying to give this new format a little time to get adjusted to, but heck-it really isn't working. Everyday I receive the email and it seems that every day the busiest threads are always the same. I do not spend much time on the board anymore, I would stop by many times during the day to check things out, now I don't. I do not find it very fun and interesting anymore. For those that say we will get use to it if we spend the time searching, we shouldn't have to spend hours trying to figure things out. I think that the site is way to advanced for many and will leave many unwilling and unable to continue with it. I just may be one. I have given it some time, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better for me. "If it isn't fun, I"m not going to do it"
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

one thing, that's like asking to pick one fabric for the rest of your life. how abouyt the whole thing!!!!!
very disappointing, this new board is!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Maybe a new topic should be "name one thing one LIKES about this new format"??
Old 11-16-2011, 10:41 AM

As a recent "joiner" I didn't get to use the old format very long, but with the new format I find myself being on here longer looking for info to my questions. One of the reasons I joined was to participate in the swaps, but where are they? I talked to a lady in a Hancock's store who told the swaps were absolutely fantastic, that she had expanded her stash with much variety, but I'm not finding that. I do appreciate all your comments, I am learning so much more about quilting techniques and getting so many ideas for future quilts.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:47 AM

thanks in advance--here is my question-- how do i get to see everyones comments? all i get is the starting thread and thats it.thanks again. ravonda
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM

I still am unable to figure out how to add to my bookmarks. I finally found out how to find them but can't seem to add to them. If anyone knows an easy way please let me know.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
As a recent "joiner" I didn't get to use the old format very long, but with the new format I find myself being on here longer looking for info to my questions. One of the reasons I joined was to participate in the swaps, but where are they? I talked to a lady in a Hancock's store who told the swaps were absolutely fantastic, that she had expanded her stash with much variety, but I'm not finding that. I do appreciate all your comments, I am learning so much more about quilting techniques and getting so many ideas for future quilts.
Your lucky as you did not get use to the way it was, which seems so easy compared to the way it is now. I am still trying to be positive and learn the new way without too much complaining.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
Can't find much of anything I like yet, but guess I'll stick around for a while and see how it goes. At least for another week or so. Won't waste my time after that probably, unless I can figure things out.
Ditto! I'm no longer looking forward to "checking in" each day. It's just too jumbled and there are waaaay too many advertisements!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM

I dislike threads like this one. Instead of starting new ones, just add to this one. Just a suggestion.