Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
View daily threads in date order? >

View daily threads in date order?

View daily threads in date order?

Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Thanks so much G'ma Kay for the info on using archives to view pictures in date order. That the way i like to view the photos of all the great quilts.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM

Archive is the way to go. You can go there any time of the day or night and look at the newest pictures. I was ever so grateful to find this way because I agree with many that the new board is frustrating to find the latest pictures. Seems it just shows the latest post meaning the last time anyone posted to a topic, so it could keep coming up for days on the most recent postings.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Yeah! I liked to drink coffee in the morning and review what everyone has been making also. But when I click on a "Today" photo;its from a few days to a month ago and i have seen it a couple of times.Not that these pictures arent nice;I just do not want to see them over and over. Sure wish this feature could be changed again.
Originally Posted by FayZ View Post
I've noticed that fewer people are posting pictures now. I liked having my first cuppa and browsing the new pictures. Now there are maybe three or four a day If that many.Where did everybody go? FayZ
Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by FayZ View Post
I've noticed that fewer people are posting pictures now. I liked having my first cuppa and browsing the new pictures. Now there are maybe three or four a day If that many.Where did everybody go? FayZ
There were 34 threads started in the picture section since I was on the board last night. More and more people are getting wise to getting to the threads via "Archive" at the bottom of the page. It is a much easier, more organized way to read the topics. I am so glad that I learned about it, because it has helped with some of my frustrations.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM

Default Archive Logged Me out

Originally Posted by G'ma Kay View Post
go to the bottom of the screen and click on archives. That is all in order by category.
I went to Archive - it is a pain in the behind to view topic by topic- and to add insult to injury - it logged me out. Don't know how that happened but the advice I've been reading to use archive is not worth the aggravation.

I am sick of posts from months ago and having to scroll FOR PAGES to find a recent post.

The only good thing about the new board is the hover which allows us to view a thread before clicking on it. The rest of the so-called new and improved changes are changes for the sake of change.

Please start listening to your users and post new threads where we can CONVENIENTLY find them.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 PM

I have tried to stay positive about the new board. I have taken the advice of those that have figured things out before I do. I have also gone to the archives to see what I am missing. I am not upset by change however I do have to say that although we have received some upgrades with this board, the new owners do not seem to get the essence of what was built here. We are a family.

We are a family and beyond the quilting fun that goes on here, there is also support and encouragement of all sorts of things. I went to the archive and was so shocked to see that there is so much more new activity than what is shown on the home page. Here is my real problem with the change. New quilters and people looking for advice for their quilts may not be getting it because their thread may not be one of the active threads. Therefore, we all suffer by not supporting each other and encouraging new quilters.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
I have tried to stay positive about the new board. I have taken the advice of those that have figured things out before I do. I have also gone to the archives to see what I am missing. I am not upset by change however I do have to say that although we have received some upgrades with this board, the new owners do not seem to get the essence of what was built here. We are a family.

We are a family and beyond the quilting fun that goes on here, there is also support and encouragement of all sorts of things. I went to the archive and was so shocked to see that there is so much more new activity than what is shown on the home page. Here is my real problem with the change. New quilters and people looking for advice for their quilts may not be getting it because their thread may not be one of the active threads. Therefore, we all suffer by not supporting each other and encouraging new quilters.
I, too, have tried to stay positive about the new board. However, I am finding it very time consuming to go through and, therefore, not as much fun. I find I am not reading all the posts as I did before. I have to admit that I have not tried looking at the Archives yet but will do so to see what is there. What I have been doing is going to the bottom of the individual forums (Main, Pictures, etc.) and changing the "Thread Display Option" to "Thread Start Time." For me, this puts the latest posts in chronological order. Unfortunately, I have to keep doing this - it doesn't keep the setting. I'm also noticing that the posts are not "changing color" after I have read them and that some are changed to "Read" even though I haven't read them. I don't know if Members were canvassed about what they would like to see in the new format (I didn't see a post), but, if not, it might have been nice since we are the ones using the site.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:56 AM

I am feeling the same way
I have tried to get out of the mobile format without any luck. I find the reverse order of postings awkward. I would rather start at the beginning and move down rather than having the most recent comments/postings added at the top of the file. I find the site slow and cumbersome and am not enjoying my morning tea routine as well. I guess I can find other things to do.

Does anyone know how to et back to the regular default display rather than the mobile???. I cannot even send a message through the "contact us" button at the bottom of the home page.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the advise. Going to the archives works much better for me.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Archives section ladies. I felt like I was missing half of the messages. Now I can catch up with everything