Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts from me...finally!!! >

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 AM

Those are all beautiful!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Hi barnbum,
1. ½ log cabin is only folded in half length wise so it fits on my wall going up our stairs. It was going to be used for what now is a memory.
2. not sure on your ? which one is it?
3. When I did a blooming 9 patch I had such difficult laying it out on our small living room floor it drove me nuts also the colors melded to well I had a hard time making sure I was putting them where they belonged. But I do love my blooming 9 patch…I don’t think I posted it did I?
4. The bird one id from “coffee time quilts” in the book was totally different fabrics and all I could see when I saw that pattern was watercolor! I have another one cut out I made a kit for a friend to learn to quilt (85 yrs.old) but she is afraid to start. So the kit is sitting waiting for me to get moving on it.
5. Bargello narrowest is ¼”finished. UGH! LOL
6. I love my sweetie’s quilt too and he loved it making his room so cozy.
7. Our WONDERFUL bed was a gift to me by my sweetie for an anniversary. It was made for our 19 anniversary. I picked out the logs and helped peel (only one) and he did all the work. For our 30th he made me a beautiful quilt to go on top of it. He will not let me take a pix with him in front of his awesome work he did on my quilt. …That quilt was made from “One block says it all” (I think) the one he made is called “The Smith house” out of Mc Calls quick quilts years old.
8. Cindy lu’s quilt is getting rave reviews and I feel awkward saying this but it is only hung (un quilted) in front of our deck door with the light streaming through. All though I did have a stained glass business way back in the 80’s. I loved stained glass but never got into doing it with fabric.
9. Karla thank you for all your help and such kind words, as you know I love your work as well and wish I could live on a farm but I don’t know what to do with animals. My husband loved your mini’s. His words were “hey babe did you see her horses they are awesome and so cute”
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Gee, those are all gorgeous quilts. You're a talented, prolific lady!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 AM

To everyone who asked questions and made comments, thank you for your your comments and such kind words, my heart is full of wow!

We are heading outside to enjoy the sunshine and ride bikes! We pull our pups along in a kids trailer...it truely is way too cute!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Alaska, these are just stunning. Thanks so much for posting these pics so that we could see them. You are certainly an honor to your family.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:21 PM

I just have to say WOW! Those are all so beautiful! Id on't think I can pick just one favorite, they're breathtaking!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:16 PM

WOW! Those are great! :D
Old 08-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Wow, those are real beauties.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Beautiful quilts! I can't pick a favorite! There are so many beautiful quilts and I love all the fabrics! WOW! :lol:
Old 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM

2. not sure on your ? which one is it?
Oh--that was just saying how wowed I was by all the half square triangles in the quilt you called "no name" Amazing.

1/4" finished?? Yikes!! :shock: You have to be brave to see that in the directions and actually keep going! :lol:

What a special bed!

Your husband quilts, too??? That's fabulous! Can we see the quilt even if he won't stand by it? I've never had my photo taken with a quilt, so that's acceptable. :wink:

I'd sure love to see those pups riding in the wagon too. :D