Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Someone posted a message about another site like this board for quilters - of course I can't find it now - anyone recall its name?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM

Default November package received!!

Today, I was fortunate to receive my package from my secret swap partner. It was from Sewhappy30. She did a wonderful job picking things out for me. I received 7 spools of Gutermann thread, 2 different fabrics that I will absolutely use, a lint brush which is always useful in our house, pearlized straight pins, a magnetic pin wand--what a great idea, do you know I always drop at least one pin on the floor?, a comfort fit gel thimble, a perfect Keepsake Baby Quilts from Scraps book and m&m's. The book is just the thing. I love all the patterns in it. Just don't know which one to start with. She sent this to me so I could make quilts for my new grandson that will be here soon. Thank you so very much. How thoughtful!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Sorry to see so many people frustrated by the workings of the new board... I too find the stark whit background to white ,, so don't read as much as I'd like to Sorta skim through and look at pictures and see there are some nice swap packages, Mine is still in the hands of either the SP the PO or some where in outer space...Patience and time can get you through, it's not a have to read the board every day it's a thing to enjoy... I'm afraid I don't know what to say to all of you who want to leave but to say I am sorry... Hope you check back and see us once in awhile... Where ever we are.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Lori your one lucky girl.Terrific swap. I love the pincushion and the topper. The fabrics are great too.Mary
Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
HI everyone, I've been reading the last few posts regarding navigating this new board. I have to say it is a challenge but please don't give up. This is a wonderful place to make great friends, great tips and even a shoulder to cry or laugh on. I myself am not navigational on this board but I try and if I don't know how to do something I'll ask. Yes there are many challenges for a lot of us but I always keep this in mind...the moderators are there to answer any questions we have and would be fair to say to ask them regarding the new board and I"m more than sure they'll help. Change isn't good in life and we all have changes from one day to the next. Darlene, you and your dh are in my prayers...Robyn I hope you feel better...Mary thank you for your cheerfulness and looking out for us who don't know how to navigate this board and to all of you who have helped each other posting tips and such so that WE may all learn. Lori, thank you for putting up with us! As we enter the holidays just sit and ponder of the wonderful friends we've made here and the joy and fun of not just receiving but giving...BTW great packages so far!
Your welcome. I just want to help everybody and I get flustered when I can't.This has been a fun place for me for almost 2 yrs.I think it will be again if we can hang in there and help each other.This was a very nice posting quiltnut.Thank You right back.Mary
Old 11-16-2011, 06:04 PM

PLEASE DON"T GIVE UP members. Keep trying....you can't learn how to play the paino in 3 easy lessons or free motion quilting unles you are willing to PRACTICE,PRACTICE, PRACTICE ! Technology is very challenging, but isn't everyhday hold a challenge of some sort? Take a DEEP breath...and try again. I did , and trust me I am not a technology savy person. Since I have only been on board since JULY I don't recall alot about the old board, and after lots of playing around , i have found this new one getting easier to use. HANG IN THERE!! :-)
Old 11-16-2011, 06:23 PM

Lori,
I am so glad that you received your Secret Pal package today from me & liked everything!! It was so fun making things for you & putting your box of things together. These swaps are so fun & I am so glad that I was able to participate this month. Looking forward to more swaps to come.
Quilty Hugs,
Sulabug
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by koko View Post
Someone posted a message about another site like this board for quilters - of course I can't find it now - anyone recall its name?
I believe it was quilting haven.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Kellie I love the saying under your signature. Mary
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM

i received this swap package from jsnomore yesterday. thank you so much janet. everything is so colorful, just like me. i got 10 spools of metallic thread, 3 pieces of cat fabric, a card[ATTACH=CONFIG]288506[/ATTACH] and 5 jeweled tone batik fat quarters. janet thank you so much for everything.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	frm jsnomore.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	288506  

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-16-2011 at 06:51 PM.