Eggies?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I
I wouldn't put fancy egg coddlers are in the microwave or thrown them in a drawer, where do you find them anyway?
We found them at Walmart
Old 11-17-2011, 07:06 AM

I bought them at Walmart yesterday and I'm taking them right back today. They are a complete waste of money and time. Each Eggie has 4 parts that have to be oiled and assembled. A jumbo egg might come out looking like an egg, but anything smaller is not shaped right for deviled eggs. Several of them leaked in the pan even though I was careful putting them together, and there are crevasses inside the lids that had to be cleaned with a toothpick. Six eggs involved about 15 minutes of hands-on work, and I never have that much trouble peeling eggs. If you really don't want to peel eggs, just poach them. It's easier by far than this with very similar results. Eggies will turn up cheap at every garage sale before long.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:32 AM

I have them and I would never buy them again. They are so hard to clean and I literally had to take a hard brush to get in all of the crevices. Then I tried to put them in a mesh bag and put them in my diswasher. Worked o.k., but a lot of trouble to go to for a hard boiled egg. I think it is just as easy to do it the old fashioned way.

Krafty Kandy