Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 11-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
Chele I will be back in Jan for sure .....last chemo is Dec. 8th........... I will need some little quilt theropy ... love to do a where you live little quilt gives me all Dec. to work on it ......lol....... will see you girls in Jan. Crazy Quiltin Robin
Robin, many prayers going up for you that this will do the trick and you'll soon be doing jumping jacks in the snow!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Swap Hosts

I just received the most incredible quilt from Sheryl - iquilttoo - and I have to say that I am humbled by the incredible talent of the swappers on this thread. I really have to get my game up to speed. They are just too amazing. Will post a photo tomorrow - too dark to do it now. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Another one for my over-the-fireplace doll quilt gallery!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Chele, probably wise to skip December and come back refreshed in January ready to swap again. Ok with the theme too, always happy to share parts of Aussie with you gals.

Idea for a theme - what about a theme where we have to use either our own 3 initials or our partner's 3 initials as colours to include in a dolls quilt, eg my initials are L J R of I would maybe use Lilac, Rose and..well I am still thinking about J - you could use a pattern starting with L or R, embroider a rose for R..... well you get the idea, let your imagination run wild really Just a thought
Old 11-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Chele, probably wise to skip December and come back refreshed in January ready to swap again. Ok with the theme too, always happy to share parts of Aussie with you gals.

Idea for a theme - what about a theme where we have to use either our own 3 initials or our partner's 3 initials as colours to include in a dolls quilt, eg my initials are L J R of I would maybe use Lilac, Rose and..well I am still thinking about J - you could use a pattern starting with L or R, embroider a rose for R..... well you get the idea, let your imagination run wild really Just a thought
I don't know what you would call this theme. But what if your partner gave you three words to describe herself/himself. COLOR WORD FEELING and design a quilt around your partner. It would be an interesting take on how other people perceive you.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post

This is like the Paint Chip Challenge. You go to a paint place with your three initials, and find paint colors with names that begin with your initials, then find fabrics in those colors to make a small quilt, then, you figure out how to incorporate the actual paint chips -- or parts of each -- with the paint names showing -- onto the front of the quilt. Our Guild is doing this challenge from now to January.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Chele, I will be out for December and January. Hope to jump back in to doll quilt swaps in February. It has been good for me to sit out for a bit. Maybe I will have the hang of this new board by then. Your doll quilt swaps sure has helped with the rocky transition. Thanks Chele for all that you do to keep these going.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:53 PM

I tried to post that I got my adorable little Christmas themed quilt from Krystyna. She included gifts, too! I do not know what happend when I told it to post, it asked me if I wanted to leave this page. If I have managed to double post, I apologize. Anyway----THANK YOU Krystyna!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 PM

I've only been in this swap 4times now, so I don't know if my vote will count or not, but, skipping December with a theme for January would be great. Although if we have a theme for January, I could use the December and January time to really get creative. Why don't we sign up for December/January now, get our partners at the first of December then they wouldn't be due out till the January deadline........just a thought, and any theme y'all choose is fine with me. For me, the sooner I get a partner.....the better, and the thought of having two months to work on it would be nice, considering December is really busy anyways.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:29 PM

Finally getting time to learn this new site...Conquered posting pictures yesterday...that was a big step. Cut back allot
of the time spent on site due to changes and really only go in to a few new postings and the groups I'm involved in. I mailed my DQ out to LeslieFrost last wk...I see we are skipping Dec. and will pick up in Jan. With Theme, always a favorite when you have a challenge of a theme...Looking fwd to it.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:17 PM

I planned to skip December due to moving in four weeks. I'll check back in January to see if I have settled in enough to make a quilt. Right now I need to finish this month's quilt but I should finish this week.