Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands should never ask questions about fabric... >

Husbands should never ask questions about fabric...

Husbands should never ask questions about fabric...

Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 AM

Default Husbands should never ask questions about fabric...

DH came into my sewing room, cave, sanctuary the other day and looked around and asked...How many quilts can you make before you would run out fabric??? He thought it was an innocent question so he could be a smartass the next time I "needed" fabric lol The joke was on him because then I had to explain what I was lacking... so out of all your stash what are you lacking????
I'm lacking....cream and white fabrics
yardage for backings
Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 AM

Haha!! Good answer!!!! Well done!!! Always good to be one step ahead!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:57 AM

Truthfully??? Actually, I'm lacking nothing! I am trying to piece my backings now, except for 2 Double Wedding Rings my mom hand sewed for me. Those will get white muslin. Everything else is pieced. But, I can always find a place for a few more pieces of fabric!

Joyce
Old 11-20-2011, 02:35 AM

Good answer!! Woohoo, you go girl! :-)
Old 11-20-2011, 03:02 AM

Great answer! I just got my stash out of storage and dh had the nerve to say i wouldn't have to buy more fabric for years... the nerve!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:09 AM

Ah, if only they knew....
Old 11-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Power Poster

This is one area where I think the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is a good one.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:41 AM

That is easy, I am always lacking something...because I have more projects in my head than time.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:48 AM

We took all of my fabric and sewing stuff out of my sewing room today (we are having some of my son's friends for thanksgiving since they are stationed far from home)...bought 100.00 worth of plastic bins...not nearly enough and I already had quite a few. I have a closet still stuffed with fabric...YIKES...my husband never says a word but I am...I am not buying any more fabric untill I really make a hudge dent into my stash....the only thing I may get is some fat qtrs but only theme ones and only if my LQS goes on sale for .99 cents. I am embrassed on how much fabric I have collected in one year...
Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
We took all of my fabric and sewing stuff out of my sewing room today (we are having some of my son's friends for thanksgiving since they are stationed far from home)...bought 100.00 worth of plastic bins...not nearly enough and I already had quite a few. I have a closet still stuffed with fabric...YIKES...my husband never says a word but I am...I am not buying any more fabric untill I really make a hudge dent into my stash....the only thing I may get is some fat qtrs but only theme ones and only if my LQS goes on sale for .99 cents. I am embrassed on how much fabric I have collected in one year...
My DH knows how much I love fabric and loves taking me fabric shopping. My stash is FAR too big but I have a master plan. I am not wasting my resources; I am "Project Linus-ing" my stash down! I took 19 pieced tops in about 2 months ago and I have 15 more ready to go. I realized that I could also provide pieced backs for these tops so more stash gets gone. I put together backs for half of the ones I have ready as well. With this plan, I am making a (little) dent and feel really good about my stash and it's future.