Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Not quite sure yet!

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
That is just adorable. I have a friend when her first granddaughter was born they bought her a special baby doll much like this and every month for her first year they took a picture of the two of them, her granddaughter with her special baby doll. Then every year until she was 18 they took at least one picture with her special baby doll.

It was incredible story to watch her granddaughter's growth during her first year and a pictorial journal all through her life! Talking to my friend her granddaughter who is now in her mid 20's has started the tradition with her daughter, taking pictures with her first baby doll and then in addition, one with her daughter's very own baby doll. How cool is that?

Congratulations on your precious gift from God to your family. My question however is... How will you get any quilting done now that you'll want to be holding her all the time? :0)
Old 11-20-2011, 04:06 PM

I love the picture! I also had one of those dolls and I don't think they were very accurate with size. My boys were tiny when they were born. I loved the doll though. I used to put powder on her when I changed her diaper. It seems like ages ago! Give Brooklyn lots of kisses and hugs.

Krista

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I wanted to show you all this picture. When my sisters and I were little we had these dolls we played with that were automatically correct and are the actual size of a newborn baby. My Mom and I wanted to get an idea just how big Brooklyn was so we took my doll to the hospital today and laid her next to this doll. My mom, sister and I can't believe how tiny she really is. She is so much smaller then the doll. Look at this picture!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:51 PM

Pretty fabric!

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal View Post
Darlene,
Thank you so much for the nice gifts that you sent me for this swap. I have tried several times to send you a PM to thank you but it keeps telling me that your mailbox is full. I am going to attempt to attach a pic to show all the nice things that you sent my way. I really like everything: fabrics, patterns, buttons, seam ripper, file, and the wonderful Thanksgiving card with personal note inside. Thank you so much for everything!
DeeDee
Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Oh is that the way it works! LOL!!

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Juli,all returned swaps are suppose to be mailed to me. I'll PM my address.Your niece is sooo sweet. She sure is tiny.And much prettier than the doll.LOL. Mary
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Juli - Congratulations on your gorgeous new niece. I hope she lives close enough that you get to see her often.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 PM

Hey Everybody! I see some more great pkgs. came in on Saturday. Still haven't received mine yet. Guess I'll see you on the bench and I'll bring us some soup and hot tea I'm feeling a little under the weather, probably worn out! LOL! My DDIL and DGD got here yesterday from Ohio, so excited! My DS is flying in on Wed. he has classes and still has to work until Tues. My DD and her family will be here on Wed also. My younger daughter lives only 30 mins from us. Finally finished cleaning and decorating my house for the Holidays! DS and family won't be able to come home for Christmas so I wanted to have the whole house finished. Lots, and Lots of work! But its worth it for the kids and Gkids!
Congrats Juli, adorable baby! Lori nice walker bag. So glad to see you back Krystyna! Haven't been in my sewing room for over a week now. Need to get sewing, but not until after next weekend when everyone goes back home. Hope you all have a great night, I think I'll go and read some more on the board.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 AM

Lori, i'm your bad girl , pkg will go in mail today... to Chris Roquewx... sorry and thanks for putting up with me [us ], molly [[ mlgrami
Old 11-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Hey Everybody! I see some more great pkgs. came in on Saturday. Still haven't received mine yet. Guess I'll see you on the bench and I'll bring us some soup and hot tea I'm feeling a little under the weather, probably worn out! LOL! My DDIL and DGD got here yesterday from Ohio, so excited! My DS is flying in on Wed. he has classes and still has to work until Tues. My DD and her family will be here on Wed also. My younger daughter lives only 30 mins from us. Finally finished cleaning and decorating my house for the Holidays! DS and family won't be able to come home for Christmas so I wanted to have the whole house finished. Lots, and Lots of work! But its worth it for the kids and Gkids!
Congrats Juli, adorable baby! Lori nice walker bag. So glad to see you back Krystyna! Haven't been in my sewing room for over a week now. Need to get sewing, but not until after next weekend when everyone goes back home. Hope you all have a great night, I think I'll go and read some more on the board.
Now that the house is clean and decorated let's see some pictures...I don't decorate much anymore,since it is mostly just my husband and myself.I would love to see how everyone decorates for thanksgiving and christmas.Mary
Old 11-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I forgot to share one of the best parts of the day yesterday. My oldest granddaughter Ellie 6 years old said Nana when are you going to teach me how to make a quilt? I told her soon, that it would have to be a day when just her comes over so that I can give her my full attention and be distracted by anything else. I'm so excited, I can't wait to watch her pick out fabrics from Nana's stash so that I can cut the pieces for her first quilt. I will have to carefully plan all this out so that she is safe while sewing.

I finally got my quilt magazines all organized the way that I want them. I have a small book shelf and had sorted by magazine and dates before, but every time I wanted to find something it ended up being a mess. I have been wanting to get those magazine holders that hold several magazines that stand on end, but they are very expensive. Well the other night in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep I came up with the perfect solution and didn't cost me anything. I just recycled the medium flat rate boxes that are long and wide and shallow. I was able to cut one into 2 magazine holders. I always keep boxes as I know at some point I will find a use for it so that it doesn't go to waste. Just reseal the end and mark the cutting lines, cut and there you go. If anyone is interested I can tell you exactly how I did it. Here is a picture of one of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288786[/ATTACH]

Juli I have said a prayer for your sister and her baby. Congratulations Auntie.
So far behind on this thread I'll never catch up! I was trying to get caught up but I read a posting about something and realize I need to go back further to see what it's about. So yes I'm going the wrong direction to get up to the current days postings :-D but anyway I came to this and had to add that I have done this a few times with the rectangle boxes I have received in mailings. I also use one to put in manilla folders with print out of quilt or block patterns, or craft projects I might try.

Also saw Louise's RAK idea it is really a neat idea. But I imagine there might be some issues with the admins liability especially if no one knows who is doing what.

The packages I have seen in my search for where I am on catching up are great. Now I'll head over to the bench for some hot cocoa. Maybe I can pick up some scones on the way. but first -break time is over so some data entry before I get there.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:05 AM

I love scones !!! Would you pick up a cranberry/white chocolate for me please-- I already have the hot chocolate here

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
So far behind on this thread I'll never catch up! I was trying to get caught up but I read a posting about something and realize I need to go back further to see what it's about. So yes I'm going the wrong direction to get up to the current days postings :-D but anyway I came to this and had to add that I have done this a few times with the rectangle boxes I have received in mailings. I also use one to put in manilla folders with print out of quilt or block patterns, or craft projects I might try.

Also saw Louise's RAK idea it is really a neat idea. But I imagine there might be some issues with the admins liability especially if no one knows who is doing what.

The packages I have seen in my search for where I am on catching up are great. Now I'll head over to the bench for some hot cocoa. Maybe I can pick up some scones on the way. but first -break time is over so some data entry before I get there.