Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 PM

I love your tradition. How much fun to look forward to your cabin outing. The progressive dinner really sounds fun.I hope your parents can come for this wonderful experience. To me Thanksgiving is about family and friends. Your 35 years of celebration must be wonderful and memorable for all.
Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I made a ton of cookies today. We do a non traditional Thanksgiving. My whole family goes and stays in cabins in a state park. We have 9 cabins this year. I think it is 32 people. We hike in the mountains and visit all weekend. The cabins aren't equipped for major coking so we don't do turkey. We do a progressive dinner and walk from cabin to cabin. We have Cincinnati style chili every year. YUM! We have been doing this almost every year for 35 years. It is getting hard for my elderly parents to make it. They are OK this year but we don't know about next. ( dad is 87 and is going downhill) I made 3 kinds of cookies and 3 kinds of bread. I ate a ton of cookie dough. I can stay out of the cookies pretty well but not the dough. I am afraid of the scale this week after all that cookie dough. I will have to work out extra this week. Good luck to everyone this week. We can do it. As long as I don't gain this week I will be happy.
Pat
Old 11-20-2011, 06:23 PM

I get those doldrum times as well and I hate trying to keep sugar under control. Most of all I hate low blood sugars. I think you can just breathe and the body dumps sugar in the blood. I still am hopeful the end of the month will have me down a pound or two.
We can do it.
[/I]
Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I've spent the week with the ups and downs. Ups in weight and downs in attitude. I will make it through this holiday season but the weight is driving me crazy. And my blood sugars are staying in the 250s. I think it is the stress because I'm not eating much at all. Maybe my body is in starvation mode. My dh was so worried today he got out everything we eat and checked the sugar and carbohydrates. They did start me on a new insulin, maybe it isn't working? It is free for the next 2 weeks so I can't change right now.

I tried to quilt yesterday and the darn quilt fell apart. I used Dritz basting spray and evidently didn't use enough or something. It felt stuck together, after one seam the whole thing went waving in the wind. I want to have this done Wednesday...I also have a little writing projects to do tomorrow. I have 16 products reviews to write for Amazon. That will take me all day.

Stick with your program. In the craziness of the holidays our sanity is structure and reason. Make a plan for yourself, even if it is to eat all the cookie dough you can, then forgive yourself and enjoy what you can. We can work hard the rest of the days and will lose the weight.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:58 PM

was doing good but tonight i ate after dinner i ate again now i feel like i better get back on track. i have been having a hard time getting on the board to follow this thread. Ie keeps saying the link is broken.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 AM

Too late for November, but I gotta get counted in for December. Newly retired, sewing during the day, on the computer in the evenings is going to make me a round retiree. PS being a good cook and having an avid eater for a DH does not help either. Woe is me.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 AM

Susan and Iraxy welcome. Your welcome to post on the board and be here for support and encouragement just not the FQ challenge until Dec. Then sign up by Dec. 3 and you can be in on the FQ challenge to. This is a great bunch of ladies that provide support and encouragement for all sorts of things.

MJ it sounds like your struggling with your diabetis. Will they let you wait to go back to the doc for two weeks? My prayers are with you.

Sounds like most everybody has good plans for Thanksgiving. We are just going to have a small get together with DIL's mother and our GS, 5 people in all. Won't be much in the way of food so hope we can all keep it under control. I've been having trouble with portion control and snitching treats so I really need to watch myself as I've gained weight instead of maintained or lost. Can't wait till holiday's are over so I can get back into a regular eating plan and exercise plan. I just can't seem to do it with all the temptation around.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Welcome to this great group. I too am retired (5 years) and my days are much like yours. I love quilting and this thread has helped me - so far I have dropped 25 pounds, but today is the same as last Monday. Still have 9 days for this month to make it 30, my goal for November. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and see you in December.
Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
Too late for November, but I gotta get counted in for December. Newly retired, sewing during the day, on the computer in the evenings is going to make me a round retiree. PS being a good cook and having an avid eater for a DH does not help either. Woe is me.
Jholm this really is the hardest part of the year. I think I will try and stick to vegetable type soups to keep me filled up. But Thursday I will do my best with portion control and no seconds. My daughter makes the best stuffing. That will be my weakness. 9 days, we can get to goal for the month, lots of water and soup is my plan.

Last edited by Murphy1; 11-21-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM

MJ it is great to hear from you. I am sorry you are having a rough week. I know that feeling. You are in my prayers. I completely understand about the blood sugar fustration. You need to take care of yourself and eat.

To the new ones joining. Welcome and come for support here, this is an awesome bunch of ladies.

meanmom----I love your 35 yr tradition. Sounds like tons of fun. I know the feeling of eating the cookie dough.....i also can stay out of the cookies but it is harder for the dough.

To all have a great week, and remember we are in control of your body and what we put into it.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 AM

So I weighed my self when I first go up - down .1, then I weighed myself when it was time to shower, down 2 lbs. What gives? I had my morning coffee that was it. Oh well, I hope it stays there tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 PM

It sounds like most of you are doing great with the weight. I can't believe that we only have a few more days until we have to check in with our loss. I am not down very much but at least I am down a little. Wishing everyone a happy and a skinny holiday. Remember that the last bite tastes the same as the first so try not to put too many bites inbetween.
Love ya all.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Cool

We just planned a winter vacation to The Dominican Republic. We leave New Years Eve. Yikes! That means wearing a swimsuit to the beach and pool. It's been a few years since I've had a swimsuit on and I weighed much less than this. I've got 5 1/2 weeks to work on it. If only I had lost 5 lbs a month since I've joined this group.