Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed in Fons and Porter Flat Head Pins >

Disappointed in Fons and Porter Flat Head Pins

Disappointed in Fons and Porter Flat Head Pins

Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

I repeate. The manufacturer/distributor should be contacted. Otherwise nothing changes.
think about it as name brand vs store brand.
Those yellow headed pins come from the same manufacturer and packed under different names - Prym/Dritz, Fons and Porter, Collins. Think about needles. We all prefer certain brands but I just wonder how many factories in the world make needles. Perhaps we need an investivative program on our products.
I was picking up batting samples for a friend who was writing an article. I was surprised how many companies gave me the same set of samples...packaged the same, looked the same. There must be a message in this post......it's too early in the morning to figure out what it is tho.....
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM

I have notice the same thing, but can't think what brand it was. I finally just threw them away because the were such a pain.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 AM

I found the same problem with a container of the F & P pins. I took them back to Joann's & they told me they had had a lot of complaints. They sent the remainder of their supply back to Dritz.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Seems like there are some points to these posts:

1) Save your receipts
2) Use/Try the items on a timely basis
3) If unsatisfied, return item to the store and ask for a refund

If the stores get enough complaints about certain items, and IF the stores (or chain headquarters) notify the manufacturers - perhaps things will change.

As long as we buy and don't complain to the people that can do something about it - why should they change? "They" don't care if the item is tossed and not used - "they" already have our money.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 AM

I hope I don't get any of these hard-to-use flower-headed pins. They are so easy to find when one is dropped. I love 'em so use them all the time!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM

The Clover FINE Flower Head pins are the very best. The glide through the fabric, even multiple layers. More expensive, but worth every penny.
SandyQuilter
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 AM

It must be defective, return them for an exchange or refund. If you exchange, ask to open them 1st and try them, most stores will comply
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 AM

The first and last flower pins I had were so dull it was impossible to use. I prefer to use Clover extra fine patchwork pins. They go through like butter but they bend easily.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM

I bought flower head pins from Clotilde - they are nice and sharp. The brand is IBC.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Hate to sound awful, but I also bought flower headed pins recently. I saw they were made in China and looked for some made from USA (or anywhere else) and no, ALL pins of ALL styles were made in China. They are awful! Not all, but too many are blunt and catch on my fabric (what could this be doing to the threads in the fabric!!!!). I don't even know what brand name they were because I repackaged them and threw away the packaging. China simply has not reached the point of having "quality control" as part of their business plan. That's why sheet rock (wall boards) were put up in houses that leaked out poisonous gases, kiddie toys had easily removable parts, and somethings are so shoddy they don't stand up to being washed. Things will get better only when we stop buying junk because it is cheaper. If we, as individuals of the QB group, start complaining to the "distributing" companies maybe they'll go back to their USA suppliers and give us better stuff, BUT it will be higher prices. It will be worth it. I'm going to try to do this more (especially now that it is affecting the holy ground of quilting!!!!).