Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Taboo Tuesday!

Todays taboo is GUILT! No guilt allowed this week, just enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat in moderation, excerise when you can and love whoever will let you. If you do overeat on Thursday, don't fuss but get back on program on Friday....or Saturday...or as soon as you can. Live is short enough we need to enjoy each day and embrace who we are while making sure we are getting stronger & healthier each & every day. Happy Thanksgiving!
I can do this one. I agree that this week needs to be a NO GUILT week. I can do this one.

Good idea for this one

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Just checking in. I have been on the road with the two granddaughters who have arrived - one from Albuqueque and one one from Lower Michigan.

I like this week's taboo. NO GUILT sounds good to me.

Tomorrow will not be fun. I'm transporting my ex-husband to an out of town Dr app't. He will repeatedly mention that he will be alone on Thanksgiving Day. I will be good and not remind him why, but I will not invite him here. Such is life.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 AM

Sorry I have been quiet this past week. Trying to get used to the new format and I think I might have figured it out this morning, now to remember how to do it next time.

I am loving this weeks taboo, THANKS to the person who thought of it and also the comments about getting back to healthy eating if we do slip on Thursday.

Son will arrive late tonight with 2 friends from TN, I have one room/bed ready, 2 to go.

Happy T-day to all,
Jeannette in NJ
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM

just checking in. am still hanging in there. Hope everyone is doing great
Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 AM

Hi All!
Happy Turkey Day to everyone.

Lisa
Old 11-23-2011, 05:37 AM

Good morning everyone!

I like our Taboo Tuesday. No one should feel guilty at Thanksgiving.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Post if you need to. Sometimes holidays aren't so good for me so I may need to post. Talk to everyone later, have a great day.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Good morning Everyone,

Wishing everyone a great and very Happy Thanksgiving. I know for some the holidays are hard. Remember we are here for you. This is a great group who will listen/read anything you need to share, we are here to encourage, cry with, celebrate with and be sad with. Whatever your need is we are here.

We will be celebrating our Turkey day on Saturday after my brother and his wife arrive. Their plans got pushed back for leaving several days. I pray for a safe trip. They will be traveling with 3 old labs. One is getting close to the end, she has been around for 15 yrs and I dont know how she will be in the Texas cold coming from the beaches in Florida.

After therapy today I will be starting on my Christmas cookies. Making the dough for cooking at a later date, of course some will be cook today or tomorrow. I have to go slow so this will be interesting. in my baking this year. The cookies to be made are choc chip, almond spritz, peanut butter, then peanut butter balls, peppermint bark, cherry bark, and rock candy in spearmint and cinnamon. The kids love this and I do too but will use my judgement when having some.

Again Have a Great and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM

I can do this.......LOL! Although I have planned to stay in control, I know that I will be way over my calorie limit for the day. Stressing out over one day's "bad" eating is a waste of time and energy. I plan to be back on track the next day when leftovers can easily be worked into a "good" eating day!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Taboo Tuesday!

Todays taboo is GUILT! No guilt allowed this week, just enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat in moderation, excerise when you can and love whoever will let you. If you do overeat on Thursday, don't fuss but get back on program on Friday....or Saturday...or as soon as you can. Live is short enough we need to enjoy each day and embrace who we are while making sure we are getting stronger & healthier each & every day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
mim

yesterday I made 2 pies == pumpkin which I love and pecan which I can happily ignore. -- too much sugar.

Today is off to the gym morning and then pack for an overnite -- we are going to Eds daughter on Thursday. Back home on Friday.

H ave a good few days -- and be happy -- no guilt trips for any reason.

Mim
Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Have a wonderful holiday weekend full of family, friends, and feasting festivities.