Osha

Old 11-26-2011, 10:53 AM

I would be busted for sure on several counts ! The other day I had a few minutes to spare and decided to cut something right quick with my rotary cutter......too much trouble to turn on overhead lights decided to use natural light.....holding my fabric with my left hand rotary cutter in right, just sliced off the end of my fingernail ! Nothng hurt other than a very short fingernail but it sort of scared me into being more responsible ! Electrical is a biggie with me also; I have those outlet extender things in almost every outlet; however, I'm real good about unplugging them when they are aren't needed.........
Old 11-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Oh the bad habits that go on in my sewing room... and well the rest of the house as well.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Does anyone wonder why a lot of men don't dare do anything around the house that involves cooking, cleaning or just about anything else....too dangerous for them. Plus....they would need to read directions....heaven forbid.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf View Post
Does anyone wonder why a lot of men don't dare do anything around the house that involves cooking, cleaning or just about anything else....too dangerous for them. Plus....they would need to read directions....heaven forbid.
Are you kidding??!! Have you taken a good look at those power tools they use? One of our neighbors cut off his thumb with a table saw - he use to wiggle the stump and say "they grow back real slow".
Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Okay I'm a little slow so please what does OSHA mean? This one is going straight over my head and down the other side.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 PM

We would be writing up so many injury reports that we wouldn't get any quilting done. Burned or cut fingers in the kitchen, hot water or ironing burns in the laundry room, rotary blade cuts or pin stabs in the sewing room, tripping over sleeping dogs or cats anywhere else.
When you think about it, we live in a dangerous environment, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

well first of all they would have to get past my avatar, and after she knocked them down and licked them to death, umm I think I would be ok.. LOL
Then past DH's gold panning hobby (yes ladies I share my sewing room which is the size of a 3 car garage!I take up 2/3's and DH has 1/3rd) then the exercise equipment.. LOL and then past Brie (the avatar) again.. well they may get into the sewing area-by then I would have it so immaculent they would pass me with an A!! LOL ....wait wake me up in a couple of hours-sinus meds took effect and I am dreaming !LOL :- ) :- )
Old 11-27-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by My time View Post
Okay I'm a little slow so please what does OSHA mean? This one is going straight over my head and down the other side.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Its mission is to prevent work-related injuries, illnesses, and occupational fatality by issuing and enforcing standards for workplace safety and health. It was also established to create a better workplace for all workers and to ensure the safety of everyone by making and enforcing certain standards that are needed to protect the people. The agency is headed by a Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor.