Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's was crazy! >

Joann's was crazy!

Joann's was crazy!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:15 PM

I went to Joann's but did my shopping thru the internet this yr...Since they had free shipping and coupons I got what I needed without leaving the hse...My "Gidget" sewing table and Steady Betty iron pad...
Old 11-26-2011, 06:13 PM

The wait in our local Joann's was about 3 hours! I only go to purchase flannel once a year for our blanket ministry at our hospital. This time I got smart! I found bolts, wrapped in cellophane, at 8 yds. a bolt. They didn't need to be cut so I grabbed all I could (took my sewing cart with me because I knew there wouldn't be any shopping carts) and headed to the check out. I was in and out of there in a little over an hour! That stash of flannel will go with me to the hospital on Tuesday and should last us until I go again next year. I'm a happy camper!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:26 PM

I went to JoAnn's yesterday (Black Friday) with nothing particular in mind, but had to stop in. Forgot my flyer but they had flyers at the door. I found the "buy 1 get 1 free" thread too irresistable and loaded up with some new colors, 10 fat quarters, and some odds and ends. I spent $50+ but saved $60+. Woohoo!!! Does anyone have any BAD news about the serger threads by Coats & Clark or Gutterman for quilting?
Old 11-26-2011, 06:27 PM

BTW, I learned a long time ago to immediately go to the cutting table and grab a number....THEN shop!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 PM

I didn't brave going to the stores either yesterday or today. However, I did go shopping online at Joann's for my son's girlfriend who has begun to enjoy sewing but she doesn't have a cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, etc. So, I went shopping for her for some Christmas gifts and spent $33 -- saved $48 and got free shipping to boot! I might have to go looking again now to see if maybe there is something else I just might "need" tonight for me. LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 07:11 PM

No, I didn't make it but I did take advantage of their free shipping. I ordered 2 bottles of Retayne on-line. That's all I could find.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I didn't get my flier until this afternoon. Not happy about that.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM

I was at there on Black Friday, but quickly left when I saw the line for checkout went clear to the back of the store and then around the corner and down a horizontal isle. I went over to Hancocks and found the store to be a normal capacity crowd, so purchased a couple of rolls of stabilizer which is all I went in for anyway. They were on sale, so I was happy. I needed these items to finish a project or never would have ventured out on this crazy day.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:19 AM

I went and loved it. I'm stocked for Project Linus for the next year; spent $193 but receipt said I saved $430. Part of it was spent on this absolutely fabulous yarn - just hope I can work the pattern. Anyway, when you're old and widowed, it was a fun outing. libbiebean
Old 11-27-2011, 04:26 AM

I do not do Black friday at all. I know there are lots of good deals, but cannot stand that long in one place. Went on line and lots of the sales were there too, but they did not let me use the free shipping thingee since I had sale items. such a rip off. I had over $40. of stuff too. Sooooo. I did not buy it. Will hit Connectingthreads.com on cyber monday.