Mouse

Old 11-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Get some of those sticky traps. Once they get on it, they can't get off.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Sticky traps are cruel I bought them once never again, Had to listen to the poor mouse cry for a long time before He had to be put out, I would rather use snap traps then it is over and they do not know what happened, My friend used live traps for chipmunks put orange spray paint on them took them two one three miles down the road and they came back.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Baby Catcher View Post
And let it loose where? It will continue to find its way back in and possibly bring friends. Eewww
Check with a pet store or zoo that has snakes. Maybe they would take them.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by whereaminow View Post
Check with a pet store or zoo that has snakes. Maybe they would take them.
A good pet shop won't. Even though they eat mice, pet snakes should be fed quality food/mice that are fed well and taken care of before eaten. I'm not a fan of snakes, but wouldn't want to eat something that had recently been eating garbage.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 PM

get a cat, mice can smell them too !
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM

My ten year old grandson tells me he is going to put down four sticky pad notes, sticky side up--catch the mouse this way--carry him into the woods. I didn't get into how to get the mouse off the sticky notes!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 AM

My mouse story: This happen Sat. I have two cats who think I need help providing food. They bring me all sorts of wild critters. This Sat, one of the cats started going crazy, running thru the house under furniture, etc. Well, I moved the sofa and what did I see. A large field mouse. The cat and I chased this mouse all over the house. It finally ran into the coat closet. I quickly pushed a rug under the door of closet so mouse could not get out. By that time, the first cat had lost interest. In comes the second cat, he was "standing guard" at the closet door. Mouse was trying to get out of closet. Cat sat there for about twenty minutes, then he lost interest. What was I do do. This was a big mouse. I live in a rural area, so mice coming into house when weather turns cold is not unusual. You just deal with it, but this was a BIG mouse. As I ran around the house, trying to figure out how to catch mouse so I could go to bed. No luck finding a container I could use. Finally decided my only recourse was a mouse trap. Didn't like it, but what can I do. Cats were no help. Put the peanut butter on trap, quickly slid trap into closet and waited. In about 20 minutes, I heard the awful sound, knew I had to look. I had caught the mouse and it was still alive in trap. What to do? Picked up the trap and mouse, took outside, release mouse hoping it could hobble away. Sunday morning, went to check on mouse. It was dead. Now I had to bury it. Don't know why it bothers me so much to eliminate a mouse, but it does. I have some of the humane traps, but they never seem to work. I have a place in my back yard called the Pet Cemetary. It is protected and I have little markers placed for animals buried there. Now I have a little cross that is marked "Mouse". This along with Rocky the goat, Chewy the dog, Fancy the cat, Honey and Wolfie, the ferrets. At least Mouse has friend now.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Just a note - if you find a mouse hole where they are getting in - try stuffing the hole with steel wool.
I was going to start a funnyi mouse stories thread but thought .... nah ...
Old 11-28-2011, 06:37 AM

Those sticky pads work great but he will die. Can't have them in your house for sure and I hate killing animals for sure.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Send all your mice to the ones who want them trapped and released. Sounds like they have never had mice, they are germ and disease carriers and totally destroy clothing and anything they get into,
They destroy everything! Think about how cozy they feel in your batting, or the quilt you wanted to give to your friend.