Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What did you make this weekend? >

What did you make this weekend?

What did you make this weekend?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I finished putting a very scrappy quilt together yesterday, need to sandwich, quilt and bind it. I'm trying to use up some scraps, hard to do, I didn't make a dent, lots more to go.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 AM

I made a Bible case for my best friend for Christmas. She just got a new Bible and I used some fabric she had given me to make the case. Other than that, I organized my quilt patterns in a binder in page protector sleeves and alphabetized them. Also, while at my SIL's on Thursday and Friday, she gave me a Singer that she got about 12 years ago. She doesn't really like it anyway and I needed a back up machine. I have her mom's FW, but the bobbin winder needs to be replaced because the machine fell off a table a few years back and that is the damage it sustained. As soon as we get it repaired, it goes back to my SIL.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:11 AM

cut out the blocks for one of my great grandson's quilt
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 AM

Completed my first block of "Applique Affair" by Edyta Sitar. Started applique on 2nd block.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 AM

An Infinity scarf for my daughter. That was the fastest cheapest Christmas present this year! Had the fabric and it took all of 1/2 hour to make.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM

In addition to celebrating Thanksgiving, I had a great quilting weekend! I made and quilted a new Quilts for Kids teen size quilt and a Christmas wall hanging for my office. I also got step 2 done of Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay mystery quilt and got all of the squares done for a quilt for a gift for a friend!! It was so relaxing and productive!!! Can hardly wait until Christmas break!!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Made two rag quilts wanting to add a lap rag quilt for my Mom. Been crocheting scarves, house slippers and scarves for Christmas,
finished a Bug JAR quilt for GS 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:48 AM

I completed the top and about half of the quilting on a quilt for a 3 yr old boy with cancer. I want to finish it this week so I can give it to his mom on Thurs. when I go into the city for a Dr. appt. She said he loves cars and anything that goes so that's what I made his quilt from. Used up every scrap I had just about. But we gotta make our people happy, right? Of course, right!!! smilesssssssssss........
Old 11-28-2011, 10:06 AM

I finished a table runner for one of my daughters for Christmas, pieced 3 stockings, and cut out fabric to quilt for 2 others (not pieced), and peiced another table runner for my sister for Christmas. I am working on piecing first, then will quilt them all later, since I change feet for quilting. Nice 4 day weekend! Plus I put my Christmas lights up outside on Saturday because it was warm for Ohio and sunny. I felt very productive!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM

Does your Janome have a walking foot?

One day my sister asked me to hem her jeans. I had the walking foot on my Bernina, and was too lazy to change to the regular foot. I had no problem going thru the thickness!

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
I have 4 daughters. #3 has never put needle to thread almost. i've offered to help teach her many times, but she has never wanted to learn. she called today, and then came over, and with only a few directions she completely made a set of 'cars' curtains for her little boys bedroom. Of course, she took over my good janome, so "I' didn't get anything done today. but it was well worth it. she barely had enough material, so we had to add a border at the top of the curtains. but she hemmed, pressed, set her seams, turned under the long selvage edge, everything herself.
i threaded the machine for her, but she learned the sissors button, the backup, mastered the lifting of the pressure foot by hand. learned about the thread cutter on the side. and used the l/4" foot. sooo proud of her. (this daughter has a college degree, and is a commercial loan officer in a bank) AND she brought her husbands pants, and showed her how to shorten them. she pressed, marked, and measured for accurate lengths, then had him re try them on for good fit, etc. then i did the sewing, cause of the extra thickness of the blue jeans. but she knows how to do it now. maybe.......