Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What did you make this weekend? >

What did you make this weekend?

What did you make this weekend?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 AM

I made seven stuffed childrens pillows to take to our Master Gardener Christmas Party for donations.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 AM

I finished a tree skirt I'd started the week before. It's a French Braid- which I'd never done before. The starting triangle is a Laurel Burch print, so bright jewel toned colors. The braid fabric colors come from that print. It was easier to make than I thought it would be. Started on Sat. a challenge project for a small group I'm in. We each got a FQ of a gray and black print of circles. I found a focus fabric print w/ gray and many other colors and circles. Made a table runner with fused circles layered over each other. I've some of quilting left to stitch, then binding and it'll be finished.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:23 AM

I started some dressden plates to make place mats
Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 AM

I finally put the binding on a gift baby quilt for my friend's first grand baby. And then I did some hand piecing on my Farmer's Wife quilt top. Getting itchy to start another project, but there are feedsack quilt blocks on the design wall that need to be sewn together. I am being diligent in finishing a project before I start another one. Now that the baby quilt is done, I want to concentrate on finishing the farmer's wife machine pieced quilt top. I am doing the hand pieced and quilted one for me (first time I am doing one for me!), the machine pieced one will be going to a friend. Have 3 tops ready to be FMQ, but have to save up the $$$$$.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 AM

Blanket stitched ten penny rug-style pin cushion tops from repurposed wool. Mindless relaxation therapy.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 AM

I finished the quilt top for my husband's aunt and her daughter (except for the borders). I am so proud since it is the first quilt top I've made without a commercial pattern. I worked out the design myself and then fussy cut motifs for the larger blocks. I'll post a pic after I get the borders done at class on Sat (my first mitred borders).
Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 AM

Made four Christmas socking for CASA a foster care home for their Christmas party. I thought they would go up fast but labored over the decorating of the socking. It was fun!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM

I worked on Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay Mystery quilt. Did all of my string blocks and was struggling with the QST's as I hate to do those. Found a new technique call Inklingo and that made all the difference in the world. Got them all cut, just need to iron and put the half triangles together to finish them off. Also learned a new way to sew curved seams so I worked on my Apple Core blocks also.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 AM

Organized my new house a little more, and uncovered the already-cut-out bits for the next quilt. SO having quilt/sewing withdrawals!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 AM

I love your blog! I just added it to my long list of favorites. I can't wait till the kids go to bed tonight so I can watch some of the videos you have on there. I love your quilt top and pillow. Very nice. Thank you for sharing!