Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 AM

Good morning everyone!

I took a couple days off the board and was quilting instead. I haven't been overeating or baking and getting myself in trouble that way but I still have weight to loose.

Nancia, welcome back, I missed you. Glad you'll be here for December.

Sounds like everyone is still getting back in the routine after Thanksgiving, I know I am. We still have a few leftovers in the frig to eat up and then it will be gone. Already talking about what to make for Christmas. We might have Christmas here this year - not sure yet.

Well I have to go and get coffee ready to get hubby up so we can give the dogs their morning meds. As you can tell I'm running late this morning.

I to am worried about our regulars. None were doing to well when we last heard from them. Judy, Cindy, do you think we should PM them?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 AM

Good morning!
I spent last week in and out of the hospital, my doctor called me at home TWICE because my blood tests results are positive for cancer. There is a big correlation between cancer and blood clots. It is 700% more likely than the general population. So, I have been getting test after test. I have a bone scan scheduled and will review all with the doctor on Friday. I know I will be out of pocket Friday.

Other than that, things are going well. I got to join my extended family at Thanksgiving for the first time in 3 years, due to my health constraints. I ate too much and enjoyed it. Especially the turnip greens.

Today I awoke to SNOW, a wonderful occurence in the deep South. We got 2 inches, but the streets are clear and it is rapidly disappearing.

Take care.

I wonder who our winner will be?

Here is December's link:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post4732300

I will close the November thread on November 30, 2011.

Last edited by purplemem; 11-29-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: add Dec link
Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Sending big but gentle hugs to MJ! You were greatly missed!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Taboo Tuesday!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, guilt free Thanksgiving. Now we are getting back to the serious stuff...no fried foods this week. Using a few tablespoons of olive oil or a spray of Pam is okay. No deep fried anything! Goodbye to do nuts, french fries, fried chicken.....well you get the picture. We are getting healthier, losing weight and improving our lives.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM

Wow, MaryJane, if it's not one thing it's another. I'm glad your doctors are on top of this latest development. At least bone scans aren't invasive but the table is cold and hard. Snow in MS this early? It snowed here all day yesterday but not much stayed on the ground. My son called while driving through PA and it was warm there. Strange weather.

I know who the winner won't be. My weight is stuck at +5 pounds. I think I need a very light food day. I found blackberries at the store for 50 cents a container, so I was going to make coffee cake or muffins this morning. I don't think so.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. I AM, I AM.
Judy

edit: I like this taboo. It's a good thing I buy my almonds raw and roast them myself. I do ocassionally slip and buy a small bag of chips when I want something salty. This taboo will keep me from doing that so thank you for doing these for us.

Last edited by irishrose; 11-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Purplemom, I will be thinking positive thoughts for you this week. The doctors will figure it all out and get you on the right track I am sure. Don't stress as that is not good for you either. Healthy result vibes to you.
Good morning!
I spent last week in and out of the hospital, my doctor called me at home TWICE because my blood tests results are positive for cancer. There is a big correlation between cancer and blood clots. It is 700% more likely than the general population. So, I have been getting test after test. I have a bone scan scheduled and will review all with the doctor on Friday. I know I will be out of pocket Friday.

That is a good one. I can meet the challenge. Tomorrow is our big day. I have the stamp licked.
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Taboo Tuesday!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, guilt free Thanksgiving. Now we are getting back to the serious stuff...no fried foods this week. Using a few tablespoons of olive oil or a spray of Pam is okay. No deep fried anything! Goodbye to do nuts, french fries, fried chicken.....well you get the picture. We are getting healthier, losing weight and improving our lives.

Last edited by Murphy1; 11-29-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 AM

We had a great Thanksgiving with three of our kids and 6 grandkids. After we were all finished eating my son announced, "now dinner is over lets open gifts." All the grandkids got excited thinking we had gifts for them. Needless to say they will have to wait until Christmas for that. My son and his silly remarks will get him in trouble one day.
Have a great week.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
mim

I'm afraid I slipped back this month -- more than I weighed at the beginning -- next month will be better. I didn't get to the gym on Friday, but thay is no excuse. Actually I do feel better after a workout. And the gym recumbent bikes are much easier on my knees than doing a lot of walking -- tho I still do some.

Now why don't we get better bodies as we are supposed to be getting wiser minds??

Mim
Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 AM

It'll be interesting to see how much this month's winner has lost. The new requirement of posting weekly narrows the field and Thanksgiving put some of us in negative numbers, so a 'small' loss could win. The is no 'small' weight loss in reality. Any weight loss is worth celebrating.

December is a new month, thank goodness.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 AM

Smile

Don't forget to subscribe to the new thread when you sign up for December.