Organized Chaos

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM

I must really have OCD cuz I'm just itching to roll up my sleeves and get in there to organize/re-arrange. Probably a little jealous of all that fabric too.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:56 PM

I would LOVE to shop in your room! =) Looks like a treasure trove of goodies to me. Mess ~ what mess??
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Oh My Goodnes!!! For me, this is wayyyy overboard on stuff. The words extreme and hoarding were the first things I thought of. I can not imagine working or being creative in that space much less enjoy going in there.
I speak from experience. I have had alot of craft 'stuff' from years ago that I have been cleaning out. I have not used or looked at some of it in years and there is no reason for me to hang on to it in case I need it some day. My kids are in there mid 30's and I do not need to hang on to the things I began making them and never finished, the old craft projects that I no longer have an interest in, etc. I have taken over twelve packed car and truck loads to Goodwill, many bags to pastors wife (she's a crafter), and still am sorting and organizing.
The space all of this stuff is in has bogged me down mentally long enough and besides, I want the space for my sewing/crafting/and plants room where no critters are allowed except my Laddie (avatar).
I am no longer buying things I may already have, don't need, or will never use just to satisfy a desire or want. My DH is happy I am not spending money we don't have and because we pay cash for most everything, no outrageous debt like we once had.
Hope you ladies enjoy your spaces, but I am just itching to get in there and organize them for you. What a chore that would be.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 AM

I have stuff in ten different rooms and the garage. I have a 3000 sq. ft. house and still don't have a room to call my own.
1) My Singer treadle is in the livingroom, along with quilt magazines on the coffee table, 2) my main level bathroom has quilt magazines in a wicker basket, 3) the girls' bathroom upstairs has more magazines and books. 4) My bedroom has more books and magazines by my bed, as well as scraps that make it up there from the laundry room. 5) My main level familyroom has notions and fabric stashed around the computer where I open my packages and then forget to put things away. 6) Our formal dining room is where I currently sew - four machines on the table right now -, so we don't use it right now for anything more than storing china and my current projects - storage containers are hiding under the tables and ironing board. 7) My laundry room, where I used to sew until it got too messy, contains most of my notions, some of my fabric, and a BIG mess. 8) My downstairs guestroom has most of my stash (well over 1500 yards worth of fabric), my mid-arm frame/machine (89" right now of frame) that I have owned for over three years and have NEVER used, along with LOTS and LOTS of storage containers full of fabric. 9) My downstairs bathroom has lots of books and magazines and right outside the door of the bathroom is a bookshelf full of my books and patterns. 10) My husband's hobby room/storage area has containers of craft items, my old sewing machine, and notions/ribbons in several containers. The garage has fabric (about two hundred yards, I would estimate) that doesn't have a home yet in the house, along with LOTS of books and magazines.

I would LOVE to completely take over one of the bedrooms, but will have to wait until my kids are grown and gone... which will be at least another ten years. I have thought about moving my son into the guest room, my daughter into his room, and taking over her room, but it is a tiny room - smaller than my dining room. My goal this summer is to get my act together and only have stuff in a few rooms. Miracles do happen!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 PM

That makes me feel RIGHT AT HOME!!!! I must admit though that I get very frustrated with myself sometimes when I can't find something - I wish I was more organized, but sometimes I REALLY don't know where to start! I've also been known to buy a pattern or book a second time simply because I can't find mine!!!!! It's definitely an addiction, but then again. . . we could be addicted to worse things!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM

I sure wish I lived in Atlanta - I would TOTALLY take you up on your offer!!
Originally Posted by leighway View Post
I"m playing with the idea of starting an organizing business. If anyone in the North Atlanta area has a sewing/crafting room like this and would like to have it "done" let me know...I'll do it for free in exchange for photos. I mean it...NO CHARGE other than the materials needed to organize. I love doing this stuff! [email protected]
Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Me as well!
Originally Posted by bepositive View Post
I sure wish I lived in Atlanta - I would TOTALLY take you up on your offer!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Gosh these pictures gave me a good laugh! Especially the pink flamingo standing guard over the fabric! As long as we're enjoying our space and our craft, I say whatever works - go for it!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 AM

I think that room would give me hives until I could get it straightened up.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:06 AM

WOW looks wonderful to me --just wish I had that much fabric. Every time I want to do project need some piece or color I don't have. Just enjoy what you have and don't worry about how it looks its yours.